Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #69

It's Play Date Cafe time and boy oh boy is this a fun week at the cafe!!! It's our first Combined Grind!!


We've teamed up with the CASE Study Challenge! So... this card from Eva Dobilas is both the inspiration piece at CASE Study, and the basis for our Play Date Cafe colors! Cool, huh?


And this is what it inspired me to create:


I used our colors, and I also CASE'd Eva's sweet card! I love how she made a shaped card, so I borrowed that idea. Have you ever made a shaped card? An easy way to do it is to cut out the shape you'd like twice (I used my Spellbinders die), then score near the top of one of the pieces, and glue and attach above that score line. See:


I also used a flower on my card like Eva. I stamped this fun flower from Hero Arts' Big and Small Flowers on patterend paper & cut it out. The flower center is covered with black Enamel Accents - love that stuff!


The guest designer for The Play Date Cafe is none other than the super sweet and talented founder of the CASE Study Challenge, Chupa!! Check out her inspiration piece on The Play Date Cafe blog! And also visit the rest of my PDCC teammates!

Julie Ranae * Sarah Anderson * Savannah O'Gwynn * Ruby 2 Shoes * Andrew Ewen * Fiona Shultz * Jaclyn Miller * Jinny Newlin * Michele Gross * Tracey Kuzniak * Colleen Dietrich

There will be an Ippity prize for the winner of the PDCC challenge this week, as well as this fabulous prize pack for one lucky person who plays BOTH the PDCC and CASE Study challenges! SQUEEE!


S0 - I can't wait to see what you make! Thanks for stopping by today!


  • Stamps: CL374 Big and Small Flowers, CL487 Thank You For Being My Friend from Hero Arts
  • Paper: Hero Arts Kraft, SU black, GP white, PTI DP, Memory Box DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, white gel pen
  • Accessories: Black Enamel Accents (Ranger), Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, Spellbinders die

25 comments:

  1. I love your CASE card and you have set a nice example for the challenge! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, REALLY love what you did with the colors for this week...what a great offering of inspiration for the 'combined grind' challenge, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it Libby! gorgeous flower and love the spotty dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card, Libby! Hope I can find some time to play, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So CAS, but yet so stunning! Gorgeous use of bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LoOoOove this card! Its bold and dramatic and so, so fun to look at! Love all the cool texture and so happy you gave a quick look at how to make a shaped card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture you've created with that embossed panel! And your flower is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You PDCC girls are making my heart go pitter patter w/ these GORGEOUS cards! Yours is amazing- LOVE that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Libby, love the black glossy accents...I need some of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super lovely, Libby! Love the sheen on that flower middle and the beautiful outlining with the gel pen! Glorious in design and color! Fab CASE, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, STUNNING! I LOVE your flower and where can I get that FAB enamel accents, it is GORGEOUS! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE this card Libby!!!! I so wish I had this stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a pretty card! And thanks for explaining how to cut, score & tape the card together so it can stand up! Wondering how that worked! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE how you cased Eva's card--and made this shaped card! SOOOOOO pretty--that flower is FAB! LOVE that black enamel too:) Fab idea! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your clean card. And thanks for the tip on shaped cards. I sure will find it handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzaaa, Libby! LOVE your card, it's sooooo beautiful and totally gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Libby...What a great sample . That flowers POPS right out.... Love it :).Thank you for the inspiration and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That enamel accent in the center of the flower really attracted my eye. ANd I also like how you 'dressed' up the black panel with some polka dot embossing. Very striking, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Libby, this is such a striking card! I love the way you've used these colours! The pp flower is beautiful and really pops against the black bg!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow love your shaped card! You made all the colors ROCK! Love that flower and the black enamel accent in center!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your design. Simple, colorful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful 'shaped' card and a fabulous flower. Love it a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover