Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Grandma's Mother's Day card

Has anyone seen the new (I think?) Designer Mat Pads from K&Company that they have at Michael's these days? I just *love* them! The papers are heavy-duty, textured and oooh so pretty! The DS paper on this card is from the "Roam" pad - just gorgeous! I made this little card for my grandma for Mother's Day. Grammy loves birds, so I used the retired Feathered Hope set that I bought a while back, specifically for making cards for her! I also used some lace crocheted (I guess?) ribbon and pearls, thought they were both somewhat grandmotherly. I'm still having lots of fun coloring with my Prismacolors & gamsol, but I think my watercolor wonder crayons are starting to feel neglected on the shelf, so I better pay them some attention soon. :-) I'm not sure this card will survive the trip via the US Postal Service up to Michigan - I'm thinking a padded envelope may be in order or Grammy may receive a card with little lost pearls floating around the envelope! But anyway - I'll get this and my mom's rose card below in the mail tomorrow, and maybe *for once* I'll actually get cards to people on time! It's so sad how rarely I manage to send cards out to people, even though I often intend to! What's the saying? Something about the cobbler whose kids have no shoes?? That's me. :-( Or at least the old me, it's been one of my new goals lately to send out more cards!! (but I did just miss my friend Renee's birthday last weekend, darn it! But I was definitely thinking of you Renee!!) Ok I'm starting to ramble - thanks for looking & have a great night!
  • Stamps: Feathered Hope, Everyday Flexible Phrases
  • Paper: Sage Shadow, So Saffron, Naturals Ivory, K&Co Roam Mat Pad
  • Ink: Palette Noir, Sage Shadow, Brocade Blue, Walnut Distress ink
  • Accessories: Aquapainter, Prismacolors, Gamsol, Stump, Joy! crafts pearls, ribbon, SU ticket corner & small oval punches

6 comments:

  1. I swear, you're just so funny! Your Grandmother will love this pretty card and she'll love you for sending it. Of course, I'm sure she already loves you...but...I bet it'll make her heart swell and her eyes tear. Uh, oh...is that a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! I love the soft, vintage feel, the watercoloring and those tiny pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super sweet. LOVE that lace accent . . perfect for a grandmother!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover