Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, June 4, 2007

Ridiculously easy photo corners!!

Do you ever see something and have a major "NOW WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!!??" moment? I had one of those tonight! I was at Archivers (yes, Diane, yes, Leigh - at Archivers yet AGAIN!!) and one of the wonderful employees there showed me how to make quick and EASY photo corners using square punches! I thought it was just BRILLIANT so I wanted to share it with you all! Maybe I'm just behind the times, who knows, but here goes....

1) Using a scrap piece of paper, punch a square with a small punch (I used 1/2").

















2) Using a larger square punch, center around your original smaller punched out square and punch. (I used SU's 1 3/8").
















3) Take your handy dandy scissors and cut at the corners into two pieces. I just eyeballed it, if you like to be more precise I imagine you could use a ruler & hobby blade, or try to line it up in your trimmer or something.














4) TA-DAAAA!! Easy peasey photo corners!!


I've tried other techniques for making these myself, and they usually come out cockeyed or uneven. This totally worked for me! And if you happen to have a large collection of square punches (*ahem*), the sizes of your photo corners are nearly limitless. :-) So a great big thanks to Jackie at the Archivers in north Austin, she made my night! I'll make a card tomorrow night using photo corners - tonight I actually need to hit the hay early - all of this late-night stamping is starting to catch up with me, I need my beauty sleep. :-) Hope you enjoyed my first-ever blog tutorial, and if you create something cool with these nifty photo corners please link it in the comments so I can take a peek! Happy stampin' ya'll! :-)

Edited to Add: ACK!! Don't know what's up with this awful formatting, it doesn't look like this in my preview & I can't seem to make those big white spaces go away. Sorry about that!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for your first ever tutorial! It was great, by the way. You should do more (wink).

    I never use photo corners for the reason you said...mine are never symmetrical, and looked terrible. I am going to have to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks!!
    About the big white spaces: put your cursor on the left side of the page while editing your post, and hit "delete", you will see the photo's go "up". Be careful and check out inbetween, one hit too many and your photo is gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I would NEVER have thought of thought! How clever!
    (adding square punches to my wishlist...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Totally awesome! I can't believe I never thought of that! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, I hope you do more tutorials in the future...this was great! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um - Hello! How easy is that???! Thanks Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome! I have a photo corner punch, but this opens up possibilities for new sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool idea! I'll be in Austin next week, so I'll have to go visit Archivers and see if I can learn any new things too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, Libby! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This is way too easy. I've done the other kind and I do like them, but this is incredibly quick and easy. I have 3/4", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" punches--that'll work, I'm sure! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! Thanks so much, as a phote corner punch was on my list of things to buy, now I can use that $$ for something else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those photo corners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tutorial! I'll definitely be making more of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo! I'm definitely going to use this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SHUT UP!!!!!!! .........THUD!!! (passed out cold on the floor in stupefied admiration) You are genius. Pure genius!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just plain AWESOME! Hope you don't mind that I linked you in a blog post on photo corners and put your blog on my roll. Thanks for taking the time to do the tutorial.

    Mel

    P.s. I just did my first one too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know this is an old post, but it's great. Where did you get a half inch square punch?????

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the lesson, saved me fifteen dollars, Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover