Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby if I could, change the world...*

Today I played with a cute stamp I found at Michael's (or was it JoAnn?) that I had hoped to use to make some more cards for the Zonta silent auction, but life got in the way. Today I just felt like coloring in the image, so that's where I started. Turns out those little people are sorta tough to color, I need finer-tipped Copics!! :-) So once I had it colored I wasn't sure what to do with it. I scanned through the various sketch challenges from this past week and settled on Julee's MOJO26. In the end I cheated a bit (that's my M.O. when it comes to sketch challenges!), I couldn't get four little squares to fit along the right edge in a way I liked. And then I stamped a sentiment along the bottom but messed it up, so I had to make these other sentiments to cover it up, and in the end I think the card is a little off-balanced. But oh well, this card makes me happy!! Tuesday is election day in Texas, so ads have been playing on the tv & radio quite a lot lately. This quote is based on something I heard on one of them. I don't want to get political on you and say whose ad it is from, but I liked it so I used it. This stamp is actually called "Let's Save Our World" so I thought it was fitting. :-) Thanks for stopping by today!

  • Stamps: "Let's Save Our World" by Rubber Stampede, Rough Edges alphabet
  • Paper: Kraft, Read Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
  • Accessories: Copic markers, heart brads I've had forever, staples, red brad
* I did a song lyric for my title today, I guess I want to be just like Shannan when I grow up! Plus that song is stuck in my head now after stamping out that sentiment...!

3 comments:

  1. Great card, Libby!! I love the layout, and your coloring looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the way the sentiment turned out. Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sketch worked out just perfectly for you! You're getting pretty darn good with those Copics, too. I love this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover