Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mmmm... Blue Crab - Yummy!

Here's my card for Day 3 of Ocean Week! I checked today's SCS Color Challenge before sitting down to stamp - Taken with Teal, Wild Wasabi and White (CC172). Taken with Teal and Wild Wasabi are two of my favorite colors, so I knew I needed to play along! I added black - is that cheating? I honestly don't know - I think it's ok to add "neutrals" but black makes such a statement, maybe it breaks the challenge rules? I dunno. But this particular card needed it so oh well! I also wanted to use this cute little crab image from SU's Crab & Company - so I decided to make him a blue crab! (and then I got hungry!) :-) For the sketch I turned to Julee's latest Mojo Monday posting - I had to cheat a little and turn the oval on its side to make it work with my crabby. And I managed to squeeze out one more challenge with this card - yesterday's Try a New Technique challenge (TLC174) was hosted by Bad Sherry, and she told us to Hit the Bottle! I thought that was too funny coming from Sherry! What she meant, of course, was to watercolor with reinkers on the card. So I did! Watercoloring two days in a row has really reminded me how much I love to do that!! I may actually extend this break from my Copics for a little while (or, maybe not...!). ;-) I think this card turned out rather masculine (despite my compulsion to added polka dots and ribbon - or in this case, polka dotted ribbon!) and Joel's birthday falls while we are summering on the Cape, so I think this may have to get packed in the suitcase and serve for his birthday card this year! I'm pretty sure he never reads my blog and therefore won't see this before August... I guess this is a test. ;-) Ok let's see if I can post this and crank out one more card before Carter comes home from preschool...! Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Crab & Company, Cute Converse from Stampin' Up!
  • Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Taken with Teal, Wild Wasabi, Wild Wasabi Prints DP
  • Ink: Black StazOn
  • Accessories: Reinkers, Watercolor Crayons, Taken with Teal marker, Spellbinders dies and Cuttlebug, Slit Punch, Black Brads, Michael's ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Very very cute! Love the colors. TFS! XO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I think you've pulled off "masculine" just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crabby card is sooo cute, Libby!! I love how you've colored him, and your "getting hungry" comment!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Such a cute card. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joel will probably understand your compulsion to use ribbon and scallops even for a guy card. This is adorable and it would be very appropriate for his birthday while you're summering on the cape!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover