Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Saturday, May 30, 2009

FCD Gets Patriotic!

Hi everyone, welcome to another FireCracker Designs by Pamela blog hop! This month we are making patriotic cards featuring the gorgeous So Far Away set. I loved this set the first time I saw it - it was released just as my nephew was heading out to Iraq, so it really hit home.

Here's some good news - during this hop Pamela is offering this set at 20% off! Woohoo!!

My first thought was to make my card red, white & blue, but then I found this My Mind's Eye DP and fell in love with it, and thought it would be perfect with this set. I paired it with Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip and Sage Shadow papers. The soldier is stamped in brown on the sage paper and cut out, then popped up.

This month we're doing a circular blog hop, where the only beginning is wherever you start!! If you started here, you will know you are at the end of the hop when you make it back to my blog! Somewhere along the line there is a "mystery blog hostess" - we don't even know who it will be until the hop is over... so make sure and leave a comment on EVERY blog along the hop so you don't miss out!!

**To find out if you’ve won… you will be contacted by Pamela via e-mail (so be sure to leave it with your comment) - you can also find out on Pamela’s blog after the blog hop ends on Wed, June 3 at 8:00 PM (EST).**

Now, continue the circle by hopping on over to Julie's fabulous blog - I have no doubt whatever she made will be GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for hopping with us today!! Happy Stamping!

28 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Libby! I love the colors and the dp is perfect. Love the stars everywhere. Just a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous..Im loving all the ideas everyone has come up with without using the standard red, white and blue. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those distress colors...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, Libby! Love the sage & browns together. The distress is terrific with this, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the brown -- I always forget to use brown... And the cut out man.

    ~kimd412@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your choice of colors.

    Rose Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the distressed look. Just gorgeous!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Libby, this is so stunning!! The papers are so fabulous and they make a for a perfect vintage feel to this card! So awesome!! Very nice post! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I like how you cut and popped the soldier, with those subtle colors it gives beautiful dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you used other colors on this one! Excellent popping up of the image too. This is a fun hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOw...I never would have paired those two colors together but it is gorgeous...I'll have to CASE this one for my SIL in the Coast Guard.

    dabblesbydeb at knology dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very masculine and patriotic.

    Lorraine Revalee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone is coming up with such good ideas!!Love this stamp
    Elaine Moore - mtn.moven.faith@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally see how you had to use that great star paper! I love how inspiration sneaks up on us sometimes.
    MBickford54@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card-and i think the colors are great-it is fun to see these images used so differently!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. whoops forgot my email
    rhondazmikly@sbcglbobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!
    anitamocha@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. The monochromatic color theme is perfect for this image and so is the vintage star background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card, the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card has an antique feel to it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The sage shadow and cho chip are just perfect together along with the star DP. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really liked your choice of colors, perfect for the military, nice deviation from the red, white and blue....not that there's anything wrong with those colors, it's just a nice dramatic twist!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the distress colors & how you poped the boy up.
    This is a fun blog hop

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover