Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, May 6, 2010

From Courtney's Closet #61 - an inspiration challenge

Hello and welcome to another edition of From Courtney's Closet, where I make a card inspired by one of my daughter's outfits and challenge you to do the same. First of all, I have to say a great big THANK YOU to Betty, Lin, Diane, Chris & Sue, who played along last week and made me oh so very happy with their pretty purple cards! You ladies are the best!!

Today's card is inspired by a Tinkerbell dress-up outfit that Courtney got for her birthday:


And here's Courtney back in February, right after the outfit arrived in the mail from her Aunt Lori in Michigan. As soon as she opened it she exclaimed "I wuv it!!". Too cute.


For my card, I went a tad more bold with the blue color in the outfit. I used the little fairy and tree from the Hero Arts Adorable Baby Girl set, and the cloud and sentiment from Magical Castle. The clouds and fairy have some Star Dust Stickles on them (my favorite of all the Stickles, and very hard to find around here!). I was inspired by Lucy to make the three rows of scallop border.

Feel like making a fairy card this week? Or a green and blue card? Or anything else you may be inspired by this picture to make?? You know I'd LOVE to have you join me!! If you do play, let me know by linking it up down below. And thanks for stopping by today!


Love this card? Find it in my Etsy shop!

  • Stamps: CL265 Adorable Baby Girl & CL392 Magical Castle from Hero Arts
  • Paper: Bazzill cardstock
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, Star Dust Stickles, heart punch, Hero Arts Crystal Gemstones

13 comments:

  1. So sweet!! I'll be back with a card later. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. MGoodness, she's getting so big. What a sweetheart. Oh yeah, love the card too! LOL!
    I will be in Austin this summer and we HAVE to meet for coffee or tea or a soda or somethin'! I was too busy last time but I promise to make time this time.
    XO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Libby, so adorable and such a true interpretation of Courtney's dress, she is such a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney is so adorable all dressed up!! your card is so cute, too! love those bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful dress and card! I love the color combo!! Sounds like a lot fun!! What a great challenge, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Libby! Love the blue and green combo! Your daughter is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card...love the colors and the princess theme fits right in!!! Little Courtney sure has grown...so fun to see her again....I bought one of my little granddaughters that is 3 (Trinity)ALL Tinker Bell stuff for Xmas this year...even a play TB cell phone...she loved it...will have to see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Libby, Courtney is sooo cute in her little tutu and your card is perfection! I'll be playing along this week. Just got to figure out what I am going to do. I LOVE these colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie!! Both the card and Courtney!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this design, this is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Courtney is such a cutie Libby! Love your card inspired by her pretty Tinkerbell costume! Great design and love the colours and sparkle! It's cute the way you have the blue heart at the sentiment to tie in with the hearts on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card!!!
    This seems like such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this happy little card! You did a great job taking the princess outfit and turning it into a cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover