Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tour de Craft Guest Designer - Amy Anderson!

It's Tour de Craft guest designer day, and today's guest is none other than the amazing & talented Amy Anderson!! You may know Amy from her blog, Mod Podge Rocks! I love her blog - it's a constant stream of amazing ideas! I was thrilled when I found out Amy is also a cycling fan - and we both "Yell for Cadel"! Can you guess which product Amy used on her project today? That's right - Mod Podge! Check out her fabulous project and step by step instructions...

Make easy bicycle canvas art

So it's true - I love cycling. The funny thing is that I don't do it. At least yet. My boyfriend has been a cyclist for over 30 years which is why it's such a huge part of my life. He was a professional in Europe for awhile and races as a master (45+ age) now, so I go to all of his races and we're always watching it on television. I even have ALL of the stuff to ride, but I haven't started - that is coming soon (yikes!). As you can imagine, we're glued to the Tour de France on television right now; I'm a huge Sagan and Cadel fan. I decided to pay my homage to cycling this year with a fun canvas - and of course I had to add my own special colorful twist. It's a simple project with fun results, and if you love cycling too, this is going to look smashing in your house. It also makes a great gift for the bike rider in your life. Here's how it was made.

Gather These Supplies
  • Oval canvas - 12"
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Acrylic paint to match your paper
  • Mod Podge Satin
  • Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
  • Bike silhouette - I printed one from the internet to fit my canvas
  • Craft knife
  • Stencil tape
  • Paintbrush
IMG_2140


Begin by painting the canvas with the color of your choice. Paint several coats and let dry.

IMG_2141

Tape your silhouette image down to a piece of scrapbook paper. This is great to use up those sheets you have leftover from other projects. You may be wondering how I found my silhouette - it was easy. I simply googled "bicycle silhouette" and printed one freebie out that I liked. Make sure that the lines are thick enough so that you won't have too much trouble cutting out the details.

IMG_2142
 
I love cutting things with a craft knife! I've gotten pretty good at it. My #1 tip is just to work slowly.

IMG_2145
 
Once the silhouette is cut out, just Mod Podge it down to the canvas. Place Mod Podge down on the canvas in a medium layer, put the bicycle silhouette on top and then Mod Podge over the top. Let dry.

IMG_2146

Add Dimensional Magic to the top where the bicycle silhouette is for a little extra fun. Canvas is all done and ready to hang! It kind of reminds me of the year that Team Garmin had the really bold argyle legwarmers. Argyle . . . polka dots . . . bright colors . . . I love them all!

Thanks to Libby for having me as a guest today. I love her work - and that she loves cycling. Come visit me anytime at Mod Podge Rocks for decoupage craft ideas and inspiration!

Thanks so much Amy, you inspire me everyday!

Before I go, I also want to ask you to visit the i {heart} papers blog today as well. There you'll find another France-inspired card, sticking with yesterday's French food theme! This time it features colorful macarons! Yum! The card is a birthday card for Kate, owner of i {heart} papers - so be sure to wish her a happy birthday while you're there, too!

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. What a great canvas - love the concept of how the image was obtained.
    I am really enjoying you tour d'France month Libby :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah nice! I'm a huge fan of cycling as well. Super cool that your boyfriend is a pro!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover