Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, April 30, 2007

Farewell my bluebonnets!

Many of you that know me have seen this photo - but I love it and thought I'd post it anyway. This photo was taken about a month ago - I noticed today that these bluebonnets in my neighborhood are pretty much gone now - *sigh*. I always get so excited when I see the first bluebonnet pop up in March, it means spring is here - my favorite time of year in Texas! (in MI my favorite is fall, visiting the apple orchards!) And seeing the first bluebonnet always makes me think of my dear friend Christina, who helped nurture my love of bluebonnets & other Texas wildflowers when I first moved to Austin - I always have to send her a note to acknowledge the arrival! Now that they are fading away, it means summer will be here soon and the sweating will begin. *double sigh* (sorry if you're reading this with snow on the ground and you're rolling your eyes at me right about now...!)

No time for stamping this weekend, it was way too busy. My husband was gone for the weekend, camping with the boys, and my son was more clingy than usual - I think because a) he missed his daddy, b) he's getting his molars in, and c) he somehow knew that I had a lot I needed to get done and was determined not to allow that to happen! I made a birthday cake for his friend's first birthday party today, and Carter wanted nothing to do with me focusing on that rather than him! Luckily my sister came over and helped me out BIG TIME by playing with her nephew so I could finish the cake. We also discovered that an hour long bath not only makes a toddler a big ol' prune, but also makes him incredibly sleepy - he nearly fell asleep in his highchair eating lunch after his marathon bath! Anyway - hope to have something creative to share tomorrow night! Have a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable picture! Loved your story, too. Sometimes it's nice to focus on other things, even though it may not be what you planned. Soon he'll be going camping with Dad, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Libby, this is such an adorable photo of Carter! You're right, the time really flies by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover