Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You Complete Me

This is my first time playing with Gina K. stamps. Even though February has come and gone, I couldn't resist this Whimsical Valentine set. I thought these mice were adorable, and could be used as friends too, not necessarily just lovers. The other images in the set are super cute as well. But the thing that really sent me over the edge was this sentiment! I am a total sucker for sentiments based on movie quotes or song lyrics! And I do have to admit that I love Jerry Maguire. I had loved Tom Cruise for many many years before he went and got all whacky on me! I just can't help but get completely sucked in whenever I stumble across it on TBS or USA or whatever station is airing it for the gazillionth time! It's one of those movies for me (like Breakfast Club or When Harry Met Sally or, I'm embarrassed to say, Four Weddings and a Funeral!). Do you have a movie like that? So anyway, this set easily made it's way into my shopping cart. I decided to break it in by pairing it with Jen's latest Sketch For You To Try. As usual, I love her sketch!! I used a color combo that I seem to use often - Real Red & Blue Bayou - it was a color challenge on SCS a while ago and I just love it! I think the original challenge paired it with Soft Sky, but this time I used my Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon. A couple details that are hard to see - the little mice have sparkley ears (I can't resist adding a little glitter somewhere!) and I put some little epoxy heart stickers over the hearts above their heads. Thanks for stopping by today!!
  • Stamps: Whimsical Valentine by Gina K.
  • Paper: Blue Bayou, Real Red, Whisper White, Red Polka Dot from a Mike's slab, gray Bazzill (I think?)
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
  • Accessories: Copic markers, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon, SU brads, epoxy heart stickers

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! The colors are great together.

    Oh, and I lOVE your new blog banner...ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color combo! Really cute card. And don't feel bad -- I always have to stop and watch those movies too. I could probably recite the whole "When Harry Met Sally" movie at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooo cute!!! I love glitter too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the special details about this card and the color combo is great too! I agree this card could be used for friends too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe...those mice are adorable!! I love the color combo, and polka dot paper!!

    I'm really bad with Pretty Woman. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww. They are adorable...love the bright colors! And I still cry every time I see that part of Jerry Maguire :)
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so adorable! Love the sentiment and how you did the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, Libby! What funny and adorable little characters. Love the epoxy over the heart and the glitter on their ears. Little details that show up great in the enlarged photo!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover