Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

I've been meaning to make this card for a while now, but I was too intimidated by this stamp to get it done. It's from the set So Far Away from FireCracker Designs by Pamela. I just love it, and ordered it as soon as it was released - but using stamps like this doesn't come very easy for me, I'm much more comfortable with cute images!! Thankfully I had a couple of sources of inspiration to finally get it done today - first of all, it's Veteran's Day, so it seemed fitting! And second, Karen's RAK challenge this week is to use red. The purpose of this card is to send it as a RAK to my sister-in-law. My nephew was deployed to Iraq earlier this fall. In the end I decided it was ok to make it have cute elements (ie my polka dots that I can't avoid!!), because a) even though she is worried sick about him, it's to celebrate the fact that her son is a hero, so it doesn't need to be all serious and somber looking, and b) she needs to know it came from me! LOL To all you other heroes out there - Happy Veteran's Day! And to all you government employees - Happy Day Off! :-) My dad is a veteran, served in Vietnam - so, YAY DAD! Thanks for stopping by.
  • Stamps: So Far Away from FireCracker Designs by Pamela
  • Paper: Real Red, Neenah Solar White, The Paper Studio DP
  • Ink: Night of Navy, Stampin' Up markers direct on the stamp
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, Nestabilities die, Fiskars tag punch, heart & star brads from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! Your post really made me tear up! What a wonderful card.

    I have the day off, but I'm still at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Libby!! :) I hope your day is wonderful friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love reading your story on honoring the militarty. I am like you with this type of stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the polka dots are great and so is the image and the whole card. It makes me sad to think of all these sons and dads and husbands separated from their families by such a great distance and for so long at a time.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover