Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, February 19, 2009

From Courtney's Closet #31 - an inspiration challenge

I had fun reading your guesses about what Courtney might be wearing this week - a couple of you named different animals - you were close - but no cigar! :-) It's KITTIES!! I love kitties. I've been soooo good (for me!) about not buying new stamps this year, but when I saw the new release at Pink Cat Studio, I could resist no longer. My willpower is only so strong, people! And when I saw this little onesie at the Carter's outlet, I actually thought to myself "OH, THAT WOULD MAKE SUCH A CUTE KIKI KITTY CARD!!!" Yes, I was yelling inside my head when I thought it. Ugh. I am a sick, sick Mommy. hee hee But don't you agree? Is it not perfect? :-) I had a lot of fun making this card, but spent too long on it. I really need to learn how to stamp faster. I guess Step 1 would be to quit feeling the need to paper piece or cut out everything! First I paper pieced the polka dot kitty (because it matches her outfit) - I was going to just color the pink kitty with a marker, but none of my Copic pinks were making me happy. So what is a gal to do but paper piece with Pink Pirouette?? And then - if you really want a glimpse at my level of psychosis - look at the little orange cheeks on the pink kitty - I stamped the image in orange, punched out the little circles, and lined them up with the existing whiskers on the pink kitty!!! I had to point that out, because I'm sure it is a detail you NEVER would have noticed! LOL! Thanks to my sweet blogging friend Anita, I got to use a Top Note die cut on this card - she sent me a little stash of them as a RAK (thanks so much Anita!!). And to those of you who dislike orange (*ahem, Sue!*) I apologize for using so much of it - the color scheme is quite similar to a couple weeks ago! I had to go and put orange pants on her to draw more attention to the orange - but you could probably focus on the shirt and ignore it. LOL I have to post a second photo of Courtney - she was having so much fun sitting in a laundry basket with her stuffed animals! Ok does this inspire you at all? Got any kitty stamps you need to show some love? Or do you just like the color scheme (if you're not Sue)? Make a card and let me know about it by posting back here with the link, to your blog or SCS gallery or wherever you may have posted it. If you post on Splitcoast please use keyword FCCC. Some of my favorite stampers did me the honor of playing along this past week! They were inspired by Courtney's little Old Navy blue and white polka dot dress with big red flowers to create these darling cards...
Kathryn got her Verve on with this gorgeous flower! And love that yummy ribbon, too:I love how Stacey did the ribbon treatment on her cute card:Anita says that every girl needs a matching purse - so cute!!Sharon is a gal after my own heart, using so many different polka dots - love it!!It was so great seeing Katie get some time to stamp with this cutie, love all the flowers!Sue looked at Courtney's dress and couldn't get Mary Engelbreit out of her head - works for me! It must have taken a while to color this one in, so cute!As for my favorite - well - I feel like I'm playing favorites here, but I can't help it! And anyway, last week Courtney picked it! LOL I just love Chris' card this week, those flowers are so gorgeous!!Thanks for playing ladies, and thanks everyone for stopping by! I hope to see some cute kitty creations (or however else you're inspired!) this week!!
  • Stamps: Kiki Kitty from Pink Cat Studio
  • Paper: Tangerine Tango, Pink Pirouette, Pink Passion, white, Making Memories DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories: Top Note die, small hole punch, 1" circle punch, Janome Sew Mini & pink thread, May Arts ribbon, small heart brad

9 comments:

  1. Hi Libby!
    WOW!! What a fun challenge! Courtney is such a cutie patootie!! And I just love her outfit. Do they make that kitty top in adult sizes?? I WANT ONE, LOL!!! I love the card you created. It's so fun and I can see you put a lot of work into it. Kiki looks great in polka dots and I love how you created the orange cheeks. The stitching on the border is such a nice accent. Great job girl!! I'll add your card to my gallery :)Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos and outfit! I have some new orange paper and this is a great excuse to use it. I will have to think about the kitty image not sure if I have one. Maybe a shopping trip. LOL! Glad that you got to use the top note. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney is so darn cute Libby! I love her! I have a great image to use this week, I'm gonna try to play before VSN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just such a cutie - no matter what she's wearing. Here's my card for this week's challenge:
    http://mudmaven.blogspot.com/2009/02/another-one-from-my-favorite.html
    ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carter's outlet is an ADDICTION!!! It's impossible NOT to find a cute outfit in there.

    I need to do some major digging to find a kitty stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cute and perfect for your challenge!!

    Courtney looks like she is having so much fun, and is adorable in those pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative.!! Those cards are beautiful. Well, that little Old Navy blue and white polka dot dress is super cute and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card this week Libby...I even have mine done early...YIKES..can you believe it!Be prepared for brightness and LOTS of orange! You can see my card here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK -- the little circles on the kitty cheeks -- ADORABLE! I found you thru Sue and keep meaning to play in the challenges--- the kitty challenge would have been purrrfect for me! (see my blog, lol!) I signed up for the newsletter so I can get a heads up and play with you gals regularly!!!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover