Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Irish Frog

Here's another one of the Hambo new releases - isn't he funny?? This cute little Irish Frog was screaming out to me "use Liquid Applique on my beard, use Liquid Applique on my beard...!" - how can I possibly deny a request like that?? The sentiment is just a section of the new Irish You stamp, the full thing reads "Irish you a happy St. Patrick's Day!". Unfortunately I just couldn't make the whole thing fit on this card - I was trying to play along with the latest Mojo Monday sketch challenge. The colors are a little bit out there for a St. Patty's card I think - but they are today's color challenge on Splitcoast - Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun & Kiwi Kiss/Old Olive. They turned out rather fun I think, even if they aren't what you'd expect! :-) As often happens, I went a little nutty with the polka dots! :-) Alrighty, I need to end this here - I am soooo tired tonight! Courtney was up for an hour & a half in the night last night, and once I got her back to sleep I foolishly stayed up and finished my Mardi Gras card and posted it, and then had an unfortunate 4:15am wake-up call from Carter this morning. Sooooo, I'm beat. So as much as the stamp room is calling me, I think I better be a responsible mommy and get some much-needed sleep! Who knows when/if anyone will wake up tonight! Happy Stampin' to you, and thanks for stopping by!
  • Stamps: Irish Frog and Irish You from Hambo Stamps
  • Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Basic Black, GP White, DP from stash
  • Ink: Copics for coloring
  • Accessories: Spellbinders dies, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, May Arts ribbon, SU scallop edge punch, MM brads, straight pin, embroidery floss, Liquid Applique

7 comments:

  1. Cute card! What a neat way to create a beard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm very excited about this little froggie since you know I love frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card put the BIGGEST smile on my face. HE'S SO CUTE :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for my happy mail! Every day I ask my hubby if I got anything in the mail. Saturday he said, "Yeah, something from Libby Hickson. Who's Libby?" I tried telling him it was Courtney's mom and the greatest card-making blogger ever, but he still didn't get it. I don't think I'll be able to get a card ready for this week's challenge (again), but I'll definitely be making a pink and orange cat card soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so adorable! Hope you got some rest! Much oohing and aahing over my box of blog candy on Monday night - they totally loved your card too! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! TEEHEE!! This made me smile!! What a cute image and your card is awesome! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute!! I love all of your polka dots, and your froggy beard!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover