Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Waasaaaabi?

I made this card to play along with today's color challenge on SCS - Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss (CC205). I can't quite decide if I love it, or think it's just butt-ugly. LOL! I *finally* got to ink up my SUPER CUTE new set from FireCracker Designs by Pamela - MISO CUTE! I just love it, it makes me smile. I love sushi. And rolls. But I think my favorite part of it is dipping it in the wasabi - YUMMMM. Also really love the pickled ginger. As a matter of fact, I picked up some California rolls at the grocery store this morning to have for lunch, to help inspire me to create with this set! (California rolls wrapped is soybean paper rather than seaweed - they were pretty darn yummy!!) ANYWAY - I digress. :-) The sketch for this card is the latest Mojo Monday challenge (MOJO73). I just noticed as I was linking this up, I completely missed that the ribbon is supposed to come out both sides of the image panel, LOL! I may go back and fix that later - if I do, I'll repost the fixed card if it looks better that way. :-) My California rolls today weren't quite as glittery - thankfully, I'm not sure how appetizing that looks, really. But I just can't seem to resist reaching for the glitter! And how about that sentiment? LOVE IT! Ok I'm off to have another chocolate covered fortune cookie. No, really! Boy are they YUMMY! :-) Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Miso Cute from FireCracker Designs by Pamela
  • Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, DCWV Far East mat stack DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers for coloring
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug & Swiss Dots folder, black brads, Martha Stewart glitter, pink satin ribbon, black safety pin (JoAnn), asian charm from my stash

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge sushi fan, but those rolls look YUMMY!! Especially with the glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Wasabi is my favorite part of sushi too! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I will leave all the sushi for you. I have tried it and don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I love sushi too and now you've got me craving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmmm. delicious! I totally LOVE sushi & it wrapped in soybean paper sounds interesting (I love soy stuff!) I'll have to check that out...choc cov. fortune cookies? YUM! I LOVE your card---going to have to check out that card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I like sushi and I like the card too! But, I must say I'm intrigued by the chocolate covered fortune cookie! Well, chocolate covered anything is good to me! I like the sketch, might have to go try one of those! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sushi looks great, Libby!! I love the pretty papers and your added sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome Libby!! Love that color and the shimmer on the rolls!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover