Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, July 20, 2009

Some really awesome stuff.

I have a couple of really exciting things that I've been meaning to blog about forever but for whatever reason haven't gotten around to it...! Pure craziness I tell ya, because this stuff is too cool for words!! First of all, this photo. A couple Saturdays ago I got to meet one of my favorite stampers on the entire planet, Lydia of Understand Blue!!! Surely you know Lydia - she's funny, talented, passionate about animals, best friends with Martha Stewart, loves to turn junk into gems, can teach you a ton, tweets in the name of Splitcoast, aaaaaand is a super duper stamper and all-around wonderful gal. She lives right here in the same city as me and I've been wanting to meet her forever. So glad I was finally able to! I even got to go to her house and make some cards! Yay! (which I was going to show you too and never got around to photographing - now I remember why I haven't posted before now!) So that was Exciting Thing #1. Are you ready for Exciting Thing #2?? I got an email last week from a certain stamping magazine letting me know they are going to publish one of my cards!!!!!! EEEEEEEEK!! I can't believe it. It was actually the first thing I've ever submitted. It took me about a hundred years to get up the nerve to send something in. And they liked it. Wow. The rotten part though - it won't actually hit the newstands until NEXT SUMMER!! So, that's all I can tell you for now. And I have to sit here with my fingers crossed for an entire year hoping that they don't change their minds. Ack. So those are my exciting tidbits. Don't hate me because I'm awesome. HA! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Great picture of the both of you - I initially thought you were sisters. There's a resemblance. You're right, both are very exciting piecs of news. HUGE congratulations on your upcoming publication. I'm truly thrilled for you. Can you feel it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited that they are going to publish your card! That is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really IS awesome stuff girl!! I am so happy to hear you're getting published!! :) Your cards are wonderful girl!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU GO GIRL!!! That's awesome news and fun stuff getting to play with Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome on the publication! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoo-hoo, congrats on both accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful for you two to be able to finally meet up!! Great picture!!

    Congratulations on you publication too!! How exciting, and so deserving too!! Can't wait to see it in print!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being published!! That is awesome!

    ~Nicole2112 (met you at Lydia's!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowee! Pretty cool stuff, Libby! How fun that you got to spend some time with a blogging buddy, and congratulations on getting published after you finally worked up the nerve to submit! First time! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover