Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Twitter's for the birds!

When I looked at this week's color challenge on Splitcoast - earrrrrrly this morning because my darling son woke me up at the absolute crack of dawn and I couldn't fall back asleep - I couldn't help but think the colors would look nice with My Birds. You know, the FCD set that I looooove. (and which is back in stock, btw!) So since I couldn't sleep, I sat down to stamp and actually completed an entire card before I had even had breakfast - unheard of! Not only were the colors pre-arranged for me, I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch. That has to be a new record of recent times for me - two challenges completed the week they were issued, one on the day OF! Wow. :-) So check out the sentiment on this card - isn't that hilarious!? LOVE IT! I've just recently started twittering or tweeting or twerping or whatever it is the kids call it! But I'm really only on there for the time being to follow all the cyclists from the Tour de France (I'm a fanatic!) :-) But I digress, back to the card... the main image was colored with Copics. One of the things I had suggested to Pamela for this set was to add little leaves & morning glories, so the birdhouse pole could be extended and the plants could be growing up it. I love how it turned out - just as I imagined. Go me! LOL! (ok I suppose Go Pamela! for drawing it so well...) The bird silhouettes were stamped on the gray paper with Versamark. I think that about wraps it up for this card - tune in tomorrow when I tell you which stamping superstar I was lucky enough to rub elbows with this past weekend - yay! :-) Thanks for stopping by today.
  • Stamps: A Little Bird Told Me from FireCracker Designs by Pamela
  • Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Lavender Lace, white, DP from The Paper Studio
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Copic markers for coloring
  • Accessories: Janome Sew Mini & gray thread, slit punch, Swiss Dots cuttlebug, AMuse rhinestones, gray taffeta ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute. I love the
    stitching, and your right the saying on your card is to funny and
    true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely image. I got nothing but sparrows today...they were getting together (there had to be at least a dozen) to chase a squirrel out of the yard...entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover