Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, February 19, 2010

I know I'm late, but...

I thought I'd share what we made at my February card class, even though Valentine's Day was so last weekend! hee hee It's crazy how long it takes me to get cards photographed and posted, geesh - these have been sitting at my desk for ages! But better late than never... right?? :-)

So... since this was for a class, I attempted to keep them somewhat quick and simple. This first card was inspired by a card and video Jennifer McGuire posted on the Hero Arts blog. It uses the emboss resist technique - love the look! You can find Jennifer's instructions HERE. I just changed it up to look Valentiney, although this could easily be used for other occasions as well. And what do you think, did I successfully create a red & green card that doesn't look too Christmasy?? :-)For this card I used a cute Hero Arts cupcake, but I didn't want the stripes & sprinkles on the stamp to show, so we stamped it on the backside of the paper, cut it out and flipper it over. And added lots of yummy glitter!And finally, some lovey-dovey owls - so sweet. With a different sentiment this one could easily be an anniversary card, or even for a wedding. We used my old friends - my Prisma pencils - to color this one. My card class girls squealed about the little safety pin holding the heart.I know the polka dot background is kinda crazy in these photos - thought about reshooting them with a calmer background, but considering how long it's taken me to post as it is, I decided to just go with it! Thanks for stopping by - hopefully I'll be back this weekend with all the goodies I made for Courtney's birthday part last weekend.
  • Stamps: K5340 Silhouette Meadow Flower, S5264 Antique Flower Background, CL402 Valentine Sayings from Hero Arts
  • Paper: Real Red, Old Olive from Stampin' Up, white
  • Ink: Versamark, Palette Noir, Scattered Straw Distress Ink, Stampin' Up markers
  • Accessories: Clear EP, Martha Stewart border punch, grosgrain ribbon
  • Stamps: CG151 Happy Birthday Cupcakes (actually I have Valentine's version) from Hero Arts, CL402 Valentine Sayings from Hero Arts
  • Paper: PTI white notecard, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Pirouette from Stampin' Up, DP
  • Ink: Palette Noir
  • Accessories: Marvy punch, heart brad, Prisma glitter, grosgrain ribbon
  • Stamps: D5302 Heart Owls, CL402 Valentine Sayings from Hero Arts
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft from Stampin' Up, Bazzill embossed cardstock, white
  • Ink: Walnut Stain & Peeled Paint Distress Ink
  • Accessories: Prismacolor pencils & OMS, Spellbinders die, Martha Stewart heart punch, Bazzill gingham ribbon, safety pin

13 comments:

  1. LIBBY! That first card is so great, and I didn't think Christmas at all! Well, not until you said that -- but then I STILL didn't think it looked Christmas-y love it! And the owls are super duper cute, too! And great idea on the cuppy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards, Libby! My fave is the roses one - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first card soooo much! Beautiful!! You do such awesome work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! I think the first one is my fav...so different for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards...love that first one because of the vibrant colors! Looks like you had lots of fun! And you know me...I love the polka dot background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You first card looks gorgeous, and not Christmasy at all! Your cupcake is so sweet, and I totally LOVE your adorable owls!! Awesome cards, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are just FANTASTIC cards!!! If only you lived in Round Rock!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent creations - all of them! Love the v-day cards - very dramatic! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! These are sooo beautiful love them all! That first one really packs a punch with the bold colors, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great cards love the colors in that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg!! Love all of the cards. The Valentine one is so gorgeous- I never even considered Christmas when looking at it. It is so pretty and the flowers are so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW! These are just gorgeous! I love them all but those roses are REALLY striking!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover