Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Texas Tuesday meets Taylored Expressions!

Today's Texas Tuesday! And it's the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop! I don't know about you, but all of this Tues-steppin' and blog-hoppin' is making me thirsty!


Ah yes, that's MUCH better! Mmmmargaritas - another of my favorite things about Texas. We definitely love our margaritas down here. Mmm hmm. *hiccup* When I saw that cute little margarita glass and most excellent sentiment in Taylor's Chillax set, I absolutely had to own it! Wait, does that make me sound like a lush?? I don't mean for me, I mean to make cards for my mother-in-law. Yah yah, that's it. ;-) (Actually... true story: I bought this set during my MIL's last visit to Austin, but she saw it and HAD TO have it. So then I ordered it again! I have now bought this set for myself twice because I love it so much! HA!)

Today's card played along with a fabby sketch from my sweet friend Sankari:


I stamped the green & blue lime-filled "background paper" and colored it with Copics. The margarita glass is coated with Glossy Accents to make it shine, and rimmed with some Stickles "salt".

I have a whole bunch of blogs to direct you to today! First you need to check out my Texas Tuesday buddies: Mark, Geeta, Tina, Betty & Jennifer.

And next you need to hop on through the Taylored Expressions hop!! There's going to be some fabby cards, I guarantee it!

Thanks for stopping by today,


  • Stamps: Chillax from Taylored Expressions
  • Paper: Kraft note card from Hero Arts, The Paper Studio DP, white cardstock
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
  • Accessories: Diamond Stickles (Ranger), Glossy Accents (Ranger), circle & scalloped edge punches (Stampin' Up)

40 comments:

  1. Superrrr cute card, Libby!!!
    I love your take on the sketch! I really wanted to participate in this month's blog hop for Taylored Expressions, but I have been really limited on time lately.
    Oh well, hopefully next time!
    Love your card!!! Makes me want a nice cold margarita! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card Libby!
    I love that cute cup and the limes make a perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too freaking cute love it thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous!! I just LOVE the lime stamped background, and that sentiment is a crack up!! :)

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tues-steppin'!!! ha!!! LOL!!! You so crack me up Libby!! And don't worry - the hiccup in your post didn'make you sound more "lush-y" - heehee!! :)) Your card is simply delicious! Seriously that salt accent is making me "thirsty"!!! LOVE the blues and the greens - simply gorgeous girl!!!
    big hugssssssss!!!
    Sankari :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally LOVE this Libby! The colors are SO awesome! FABULOUS creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card makes me HAPPY! I love this! And the "salt" is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. The limes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh that is one AWESOME totally YUMMY CARD!!!! Ayyyy, looks soooo goooood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! I like that lime PP the most! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun!! Great card Libby! The limes are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the background you created - super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo fun! Love this card!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Libby I adore your background paper!!! That is so much fun and all that sparkly fun around the scallops - bring on the salt! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my heck Libby this is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card, I love Margaritas and in this hot weather your card is looking delicious lol. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. naughty girl. I had to buy the LAST chillax set from TE b/c of you! Thanks. Thanks a lot. :p

    GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am suddenly really thirsty, Libby!! Love this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmmm, I could so go for a margarita right now! I love the 'salt' on the glass rim- your card is so fun & festive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum!!! This is making me thirsty!!! LOVE the 'salt' rim!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome colors, awesome everything!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a FUN card!!! I love it, that background is neat and that margarita makes me want a drink LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the "salt" and your awesome coloring!!! This is just too cute! Your posts are always so fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card--your colors and attention to detail are fabulous!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally Fantastic!!! I really want one of those now!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh this card make me thirsty!!.. SO FUN!!

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love a woman who can appreciate a good drink =)
    Absolutely refreshing card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous, fun card Libby! Love the colour combination and the beautiful lime bg you made. The margarita looks brilliant - that cactus glass is so cute and I love the salted rim! You've put a thirst on me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amen Sistah!!!! Never were truer words written about Texans and our margaritas!!!! I LOVE your adorable card...you even added the salt around the rim...you clever girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the card - but I really love the story about you buying that set twice! It also makes me really want a margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute little background with all the limes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Searchin for my lost shaker of salt! You must have it!!! LOL

    Wonderful card Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the color combo you used on the card...and that margarita looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your Tues Step Margaritas!!!
    Hope to play along next time.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover