Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, January 31, 2011

Friendship Frames

I made this card over a week ago and FORGOT TO POST IT!!! That is just craziness, letting days go by with no posts when this is just sitting in a folder on my laptop, unloved. Geesh!!


Actually I know why I forgot - I had planned to take a better, less crooked photo before posting. Meh. Good enough! :-) I made this card to play along with a "90 Minute Scramble" in the Hero Arts Flickr group. But, I joined in with only 20 minutes left to go, so I was REALLY scrambling!! The theme of the scramble was to use a frame on your card. I had these die cut shapes already sitting on my desk from another project, and somehow got the idea to make them look like framed art hanging on a wall on my card. I like how it turned out, and I like even more that I was able to pull it together so quickly. For the record, that is not like me at all!! I am a sloooooowwwww stamper!

Thanks for stopping by,


  • Stamps: CL371 Essential Messages, CL495 Blossom Art from Hero Arts
  • Paper: Hero Arts Brown Bag Kraft, SU Blue Bayou, white
  • Ink: Vintage Photo, Broken China Distress Inks
  • Accessories: hemp twine, pearls, foam tape, Spellbinders die

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Libby! The flowers look wonderful and I love the way you have them and the sentiment hanging in frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Looks like it could be a wall hanging! Love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, this is gorgeous and I'm so glad you posted it! I find that sometimes time pressure makes me more creative and it looks like that happened here. I'm loving this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super super cute, Libby! Love the little signs--so fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! It can take me an entire day to make a card, so 20 minutes is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The flowers are super-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. Love the frames...they look like cork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You like living on the edge, don't you CHef Libbv?! I've seen you do challenges with only a short time to complete them in. Better you than me! I need LOOOOOTS of time to do my cards. Sad but true.

    Well, glad you remembered to post this cute card; I like the layout and composition. Where do you get your envelopes that fit this size card?

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover