Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, January 9, 2012

Carter's Bowling Birthday!

Well our Christmas vacation is finally coming to an end - tomorrow Carter heads back to kindergarten, and Courtney returns to preschool on Wednesday! And with this comes a return to our routine. I have big plans for adding regular craft time back into my own routine!

My cardmaking has been pretty much nonexistent for weeks now, but I thought I'd share the one crafty thing I did do! Carter turned 6 over the holidays, and this past Saturday we had his birthday party with friends. We did a bowling them, so I just had to decorate a shirt for him to wear!!


This was completely inspired by this awesome shirt I found on Etsy. I picked up the jersey t-shirt at Sports Authority for $7.99. Perhaps a better deal could be found elsewhere, but of course, as always, I decided to do this last minute, so there was no time to shop around. :-) And I just cut out everything for the bowling pin from my stash of felt - it always feels so good to actually USE the stash! I added stitching around everything after I took the photo above, and of course you can't see the detail below. Ah well, you get the idea! When I showed Carter the shirt, he said "I don't like it mom, I LOVE IT!" Yay!!

Here's a little montage of photos from the party. My boy was so happy to see his friends after missing them over Christmas break!


The bowling cake was from Kroger - they did a really great job with it! And I pulled together some fun bowling-themed favors! I found these mini bowling sets (which the kids LOVED, by the way!), wrapped them and then cut out the little bowling pins with my Silhouette. The "thanks" was stamped, a hole was punched and voila! Bowling pin tags. :-)


Now it's time to shift gears - Courtney's birthday is in a few weeks and she's requested a repeat of last year's princess party theme! I love birthday parties. :-)

Tomorrow Melanie is sharing more of my guest design cards, I'll link you up then!

5 comments:

  1. I love his shirt! Great job Libby! Did you cut it by hand? Or did youuse your silhouette? With all the fun I've had with felt I may try it! :> What a fantastic party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super doooper fun Libby! I always had great fun planning birthday parties. They picked the cake and the theme, and I had the fun! They say this is some of their best memories, so keep up the good work Mom! Hmmm now on to planning for grandkids LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a great party, and u can tell he loved it! The shirt and the favors are fantastic, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Libby, Carter's top is brilliant and he obviously was delighted with it! Love the tag you created for the party favours too and what what perfect favours they were too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Libby! You are such a creative Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover