Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Ode to CNN...

Today's card is all about the news!


It's one of my creations for the current Catered Crop Recipe Swap. Linda has us playing with print! When she first told us it would be print, I thought about newsprint. And that made me think of this cute Newscaster image from the Hambo Stamps Digishop - I had to play with him!! I also had to give him some lovely silver hair. But more on that in a moment... First some more about the challenge!!
Linda is creating the most gorgeous Pinterest boards for her challenges, I just love them! Here's her summary inspiration board, but also click on over to her Pinterest board for the current challenge for even more inspiration. It's gorgeous!!


So all you have to do to play along is create a card that incorporates some sort of print! Even though I was thinking about "newsprint" for my card, I actually used a page from an old book I keep in my stamp room just for using on projects. But any sort of print will do! One of my favorite companies - Texana Designs - is this week's sponsor!! YEEHAW! :-) I plan to be back tomorrow with another Recipe Swap card featuring Texana stamps, yay!

For linking up YOUR creation, and all the other deets, visit Linda's blog!

I also played along with this month's Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) for my card layout. Jen always has the best sketches!!


Ok now back to my love of news. I am a certified (certifiable?) CNN junkie. I have it on a lot, mostly for background noise. And I am a huge Anderson Cooper fan!! I just love him. Especially when he giggles. I live in the Atlanta area now. Home of CNN! Of course Anderson doesn't work from Atlanta, boo hoo! But I still like to visit CNN Center. And drag my kids along. They have a foodcourt there so it's a good place to go for lunch. The kids can have nuggets and mom can have her CNN fix. Here's some photos from our last visit.


Courtney with the big logo as you enter.


Courtney saying "Look mommy, it's that man you love!"


Yes Courtney, Anderson is someone you can look up to. Hee hee.


I also love CNN's weather guy, Rob Marciano. Because, um, he knows so much about the weather.... yah, that's it...


I sent him a tweet on Twitter the other day and OMG HE REPLIED TO ME!!! Cheap thrills.


Ok I better stop now, I'm embarrassing myself a bit with this post. Time to go fold some laundry. And turn on CNN... ;-)

Happy Stamping!


  • Stamps: Newscaster digi image from Hambo Stamps
  • Paper: Bazzill cardstock (blue), Flourishes paper (ivory), October Afternoon DP, book page
  • Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
  • Other: Spellbinders die (circle), PTI die (scallop), brads

6 comments:

  1. HA! So cute! Mmmmm, maybe I need to visit the CNN lobby ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, you are amazing! I love, love your card. You are raising Courtney right - gotta love Anderson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, Libby - a great guy card! I know what you mean about the news addiction. I'm just as guilty ('cept I haven't tweeted anyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Libby. I just love to see all your pictures of Courtney and Carter. You take such wonderful pictures. Hope you get your Project Life supplies soon. I just love mine and I know you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, fun card with such great colouring and shading! Lol looks like Courtney loves it at CNN too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - how I do love that silver haired fox, Anderson! And look at you go with the tweet relationship! :) You always make me smile. Your card is awesome, and I'm thinking that we made need to arrange a marriage between your Courtney and my Carter. She's a little younger, but not too much. (Cue "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" :) )

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover