Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Texas Tuesday + some more DT news!!

So you all know I just *love* creating Texas-inspired cards, right? Well I am over the moon excited to share some news! My dear friend Jimmye Sue Mitchell, owner of Texana Designs, has invited me to be a part of her very first design team! Yeehaw!! And today I have my first "official" design team card for you! We're getting into the Valentine's spirit - Texas style!


Isn't this Barbed Wire Heart fabulous? Thinking about barbed wire made me think metal, and metal made me think of a technique I learned many moons ago - faux metal! Have you ever tried it?


You just add layer upon layer of embossing powder (I used some old copper EP from my stash!) and then, finally, press your stamp into the still-warm-and-melty EP to get your image. Fun! Just make sure you have Versamark ink on your stamp before you press it into the warm EP, it keeps your stamp from getting all gunked up.

So I'm curious - I'm thinking about doing some technique videos, just for fun. Would you want to see something like this? Or is it such an old & well-known technique, it would be silly to film it? I just have no feel for what would or would not be interesting. So let me know what you think!! Is there anything else you'd like to see?

I want to extend a huge Texas-sized THANK YOU to Jimmye Sue for allowing me to be a part of her team. I am extremely honored! Be sure to head on over to the Texana blog & become a follower! And also go ahead and "LIKE" the Texana Facebook page! :-)

Happy Trails,


9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see this! I've never seen it, but have only been stamping and really diving in to the "crafty world" for the past 4 yrs or so... I want to pinterest it! Too cute, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great! A great way to make a card have a masculine feel. I think a video series would be great. After all, everything old is new again in this hobby, and it might inspire some new uses of the standard stuff most of us have laying around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card!! I love that metallic looking cardstock!!

    Congrats Libby! Well done on the DT position!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Libby. I guess if you can't be there, you can be there is stamping spirit! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Libby! You make Texana Designs proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I'm still picking my jaw up from the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I've not tried this technique, but your results are incredible.

    Congrats on the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your DT spot:) I love that you said YEEHAW as your answer to joining!

    I thought this looked like faux metal--beautifully done! GORGEOUS stamp image (even if it barbed wire! LOL!). <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is FABULOUS, libby! i love how the barbed wire and copper EP (it looks copper on my monitor..) tie in with the texan sentiment/theme... AWESOME. and big huge congrats on the design team gig! YEHAWW! :D

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover