Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12 Days of Holiday Projects - Day 4!

It's Day 4 of 12 and it's also Texas Tuesday! This card isn't very Texasy. Not at all, really. But the stamps are from Texana Designs, so that counts! It's not overly Christmasy either. Wow I'm just breaking all the rules!


I used the Texana Cardinal, but masked off the word "cardinal" from the stamp. The Holiday Spirit message is Texana too. I cut around the top of the head and also the tail before cutting him out with my circle die. (Does everyone know how to do that? If you need to see it just let me know!) :-) The leaves are also cut out & popped up, then coated with Glossy Accents for a little something extra - can't really tell in the photo, though.


I only colored the cardinal because I was playing along with the Play Date Cafe challenge, which is a color splash this week. A splash of maroon!


The sketch is Jen del Muro's FINAL SFYTT! *sniff*


Oh and speaking of The Play Date Cafe - I made the Fab Four last week! YAY!! So exciting!


Now head on over and check out what my blogging friends came up with today...


Barb Murphy
Ceal Pritchett
Donna Bowman
Jen Cuthbertson
Lalo Ik
Rachel Izakowicz
Rachel Kleinman
Regina Hardy
Veronica Zalis

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card....I love how you cut out the head and tail of the Cardinal. I had forgotten that technique. thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that Cardinal-perfect for the color splash! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you positioned those rhinestones, and what a great pop of maroon! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Libby - love the way you have used the dotted paper - both in colour and texture, and the stunning simplicity of the design of the feature panel.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, Libby! The cardinal makes for the perfect splash of maroon! Glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover