Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Mellow Yellow Graduation Card

My niece Alicia recently graduated from the University of Michigan. If you're keeping score, you may recall that I went to Michigan State University. This of course means that University of Michigan is my nemesis!! Making a yellow and blue card is just about the very last thing I'd ever want to do. BUT - my niece is awesome and we are very proud of her, so I put aside my distaste for all things UM and made her a little card... ;-)


Hambo Stamps had the perfect digi for my card - Wee Henrietta Grad. She's so cute! I just colored her with my Copics. The little UM logo on her collar was an image I found online & printed. Stickles was added to the diploma - because really, who wouldn't want a sparkly diploma??


This card is also my Quickfire creation for the latest Catered Crop Recipe Swap! Linda's Mellow Yellow challenge asked up to use yellow on our cards. Done and done!


The Recipe Swap is open until June 8 - plenty of time to link up your yellow creation! Join us!

Thanks for stopping by,

Stamps: Digi - Wee Henrietta Grad from Hambo Stamps, Great Expectations from Verve Stamps
Paper: White cardstock, blue cardstock, patterned paper
Ink: Tsukineko (Memento Tuxedo Black), Copic markers, printer ink
Other: Washi tape, My Favorite Things Die-namics (Blueprints 1), Stickles, machine stitching

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I know how tough this was for you, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image, and the colours are nice together.
    I can't stand wearing bottle green as that was my school uniform colour, so I know what you mean.:-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover