Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Riding in Provence + SDC107

Some of the most iconic images of the Tour de France are taken as the cyclists ride past massive fields of blooming sunflowers. Take a look at this Google search to see what I mean if you aren't familiar with these images - but a warning, they are completely swoon-worthy. So so so sooooo pretty! So much scenery during the Tour is amazing, but the sunflower fields are some of my very favorites. Right now the Tour is winding through Provence, so the chance of spotting a sunflower field or two is rather high. My fingers are crossed! Naturally, this is the card I'm sharing today...


This is Fleur de Girl, a Provencial podium girl, and an absolutely lovely stamp from Stampotique Originals. She may be a girl from Provence, but she's wearing her polka dot King of the Mountains pumps, excited for her boys to reach the Pyrenees next week.


I made this card for the latest Stampotique Designers Challenge. Samantha has asked us to recycle something for our project this week. I decided to "recycle" this sweet little damaged Studio Calico wood veneer bicycle! The poor thing had a rather severe mechanical...


Because I don't have nearly enough bicycle stamps (HA!), I decided to try STAMPING WITH THE WOOD VENEER!! Why not? I glued the bike back together with a little dab of Glossy Accents, then mounted it onto an acrylic block with a bunch of ATG gun removable stickiness.


Then I stamped it with my Butter Bar ink. It worked pretty well! And I got some good use out of that poor little damaged bicycle.


By the way, I used another, larger wood veneer bicycle on my final card - I just colored it blue with a Copic marker. And speaking of blue - I just can't seem to stop using this blue and yellow color combo!! Sorry, I guess I'm in a rut. But the colors are just too perfect during Le Tour.

The sketch for this card was the latest Mojo Monday. It's the 300th Mojo Monday sketch!! That's just amazing. I remember when Julee started this challenge many moons ago. How she keeps cranking out the awesome sketches, I have no idea. I suppose she just rocks.


Thanks for stopping by - and Vive le Tour!

10 comments:

  1. I adore how you recycled that wood veneer piece and stamped with it!! So VERY clever, Libby. Now I want to make sure I hoard at least one of all my wood veneer pieces so I can stamp with them, too. :D

    Your card is so beautiful. Totally makes me want to go to France and bask in the Provencal sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card - I will go back now and google those sunflower images.
    Love the colours, and the way you used the broken bicycle as a stamp.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby! First, I have to say I love the idea of stamping with wood "chippies!!" Totally brilliant! I also loved my own "tour" of the sunflower fields on Google! Love your card! Great job all 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, that bicycle was lucky to fall in your hands instead of... the bin!

    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great way to use things differently Libby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever to give that broken bicycle a new lease of life. Love your sunkissed sunflower... I'm now off to check out the Provencal sunflower fields!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect recycling Libby, and you made me smile ha ha !!! Your card is really cute and fab !! Have a lovely week-end dear Libby. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card. Love that little bicycle.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover