Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thanksgiving Inspiration Blog Event!

Welcome to the Thanksgiving Inspiration blog event, brought to you by "The Inspiration Crew". We're just a group of online crafty friends who love being creative. This time we're doing a one day event to provide you with tons of autumn and Thanksgiving-themed inspiration. This is what I made - a card to send greetings to out of town family.


For my card I played with the beautiful Lisa's Painted Maple Leaf stamp from Hero Arts - it was designed by my friend Lisa Spangler! It is absolutely gorgeous, I love it so much. I inked it up with the new Just Rust mid-tone ink, then added bits of Pumpkin Pie here and there. The stem is Cup O' Joe. I used more of my beloved DCWV burlap paper stack, and the sentiment is from Banners & Messages.


Now be sure to visit all the blogs for loads of great Thanksgiving craft ideas!

Donna Bowman
Rachel Kleinman
Angi Barrs
Ceal Pritchett
Annette Allen
Lalo Ik
Libby Hickson *** you are here!
Laurel Beard
Geri Greening
Ardyth Percy-Robb
Darnell Knauss

Thanks for stopping by!


17 comments:

  1. Aw, geez, now I see more new things I want to buy! I can see why you love that stamp, Libby, and the burlap is amazing. Such fabulous texture on this warm card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Libby - almost (but not really) makes me want autumn again. But I am enjoying late spring and getting my vegetable garden going again :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Libby! I love Lisa's maple leaf too and you have featured it beautifully here! The burlap gives such great texture to this autumn card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Libby! I love the burlap and your beautiful stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow totally gorgeous.. love those beautiful leaves.. great design..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design! I love how you added the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, plus; the burlap adds such a special touch, complementing your stamping wonderfully!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the burlap and the lovely leaves.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. libby this is a faaaabulous card! the leaves look so realistic... i think i need me some pumpkin pie ink! love how you incorporated the burlap, too! gorgeous :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! The colors are beautiful and the burlap really pulls it all together TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Libby! I love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous fall card--love the burlap paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very very nice,,, love the way you did your leaves and they look terrific with the burlap :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Libby, this is just awesome! Love love LOVE what you did with the leaf!!! Looks fab in rust! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be still my rapidly beating heart....WOW! Your card is beyond amazing Libby! The stitching and the burlap, the twine bow and the bell and those GORGEOUS leaves - Wow! Your inking technique and ink colors that you chose are stunning! This has got to be the BEST fall/thanksgiving card EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover