Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Kandinsky + Bikes = fun card!

Sorry I've been MIA with the Tour de France-inspired cards the past couple days!! Life got busy - I completed a large custom card order for a friend, and I also hosted a little two day "art camp" for my daughter and three of her friends. The first day we did projects that incorporated circles. While I was searching Pinterest for kid project ideas, I came across this Kandinsky-inspired tree. I didn't use it for art camp, but I thought the idea would make a really fun card!


I had a ton of fun with this card! I wanted to still work a bit of TdF-inspiration into it, so I started with a old French book page that my friend Anna gave me! I sponged on some Broken China ink, then spritzed with water. The tree was free-cut from some burlap paper (LOVE this stuff!!). And then I just took my scrap bin and went to town cutting circles! The message is from an old MFT set (Enjoy the Ride), and I added a little Studio Calico wood veneer bike that I also colored with a bit more distress ink.

It was actually difficult to get a photo I liked of this card - the colors and textures are much nicer in person!


Today the Tour is suffering through the 3rd of three mountain stages in the Pyrenees. I love the mountains!! How those guys climb mountains on bikes, honestly, I just don't know. And then, the high speed descents on these narrow mountain roads. Ugh! They are AMAZING.

I'll actually be back today with an awesome guest designer card, and maybe even another card! I have some catching up to do. :-)

Au Revoir,

2 comments:

  1. What a great card Libby - love the texture and the wee bike is perfect for the card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beauty is absolutely AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover