Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, July 6, 2015

Gorilla in Green

Today's post is my little ode to Andre Greipel, the big German cyclists also known as The Gorilla. He's one of the top sprinters at the Tour de France, and was the winner of Stage 2 yesterday. At the Tour, the leader of the points competition (aka sprint competition!) gets to wear the green jersey. While Greipel has won plenty of sprints over the years, yesterday was the first time The Gorilla has ever put on TDF green!


I really wanted a cool gorilla image to use for this card, but alas, I own exactly zero gorilla stamps. I did a little internet search and found this super cool image by Ant Creations. I didn't want a cutesy gorilla, I needed a FIERCE gorilla for Greipel! So I emailed Nathan over at Ant Creations, and he kindly let me use his image for this card. (Go give them lots of Facebook likes for being so nice!!) I printed out the gorilla and colored him in with my Copics. The little Hero Arts bicycle was a necessary addition to his shirt. And the "life is good" message is an old A Muse woodblock stamp from my stash.

Doesn't the actual Gorilla look awesome in green?


So just before the Tour I learned something...um.. interesting... about Andre Greipel. He likes to rap. “Pain is the weakness leaving the body. Pain in the legs is something you don’t know, because you’re just setting up the big show." I swear, these cyclists - never a dull moment...


I don't know what's happened yet in today's stage, I'm watching it on delay. Is Greipel still in green? I'll find out soon enough. Either way I know he'll continue to add excitement to this year's Tour.

And Sonya, this post is for you. :-)

Take care,

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card...Andre is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Libby - and thanks for highlighting another of the participants!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover