Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Totoro Meets MMH!

Today I played with my awesome August My Monthly Hero kit and add-ons again. My coworker Robin mentioned that the beautiful frame die included in the kit looked like a scene out of My Neighbor Totoro (one of my absolute favorite animated movies!) - so of course I couldn't just let that go, I had to create a card!


I die-cut the frame from watercolor paper, and used my Daniel Smith paint dots to add color. Have you tried Daniel Smith watercolors? They are my favorite, they are fabulous - and the people behind Daniel Smith are fabulous, too! For Totoro, I searched the internet for an image to copy and penciled him in. The image I was using had Totoro holding an umbrella, but I used the mushroom cap included in the kit's stamp set to make a cute little mushroom umbrella! I also stamped some smaller mushrooms and ferns in Antique Linen Distress ink, as well as some clouds from the Dream Are Made add-on stamp set.


Then I just watercolored until I was happy with it. I couldn't resist taking a photo of my Totoro card tucked in the vegetation of my yard. I wish my kids and I could find an actual Totoro out there! :)


Thanks for stopping by!

Hero Arts My Monthly Hero August 2016
Hero Arts My Monthly Hero August 2016
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts CM105 Dreams Are Made
Hero Arts CM105 Dreams Are Made
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts CL925 Dare To Dream
Hero Arts CL925 Dare To Dream
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts SA082 Dreamy Nights
Hero Arts SA082 Dreamy Nights
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts CM106 Shakespearean Poetry
Hero Arts CM106 Shakespearean Poetry
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts DI320 Floral Border with Frame Fancy Die (E)
Hero Arts DI320 Floral Border with Frame Fancy Die (E)
Shop at:
Hero
Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Shop at:
SSS

7 comments:

  1. Oh goshhhhhhh. This is such a clever idea to use the kit's die. And I absolutely loveeeee totoro. This is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Libby - love how you have sketched Toroto and placed him in a gorgeous wonderland with that die and the mushroom 'umbrella'.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my stinkin' cute...I LOVE totoro!
    Did your girl get any totoro washi yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweet little scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vellum wreath creates such an elegant cards, especially those colors.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover