Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Get Cracking On Christmas - August Edition



It's time for another Get Cracking On Christmas post - my friend Jenn's brilliant idea for making Christmas cards throughout the year, so we have a nice little stash going by the time we need them. Today I played with a brand new Hero Arts die called Very Merry Tree Fancy Die.


For the first card, I die cut the tree from a white panel that I planned to be the front of my card. Then I cut it again in green cardstock, and saved all of the little negative pieces.


I carefully paper pieced all of the green pieces back into the cut away places on my white panel. The words on this die are very fine and fragile, so I found the easiest way to keep them in place was to put the white die cut panel back into the die, turn it over and apply dots of liquid glue, and glue it onto another piece of white cardstock. Then I went in and added the green bits.


I didn't want the green die cut piece to go to waste, so I made a card with it as well. This one is just mounted on top of the white cardstock panel. It's hard to really tell the difference in these photos - but there is a difference!


This tree die is one of my favorites from the Hero Arts winter release. It's not on the website just yet - watch for a big release blog hop on Wednesday August 22! But you can find it now at your favorite retailers.

Now please make sure to check out what my crackin' friends made today - Jenn Shurkus, Chari Moss and Cheiron Brandon!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love the sheer simplicity of this design Libby - so eye catching as the die itself is not overpowering.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I like your colors and ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover