Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, January 22, 2021

Hero Arts & Pear Blossom Press Collaboration Blog Hop



Hello and welcome! Today I'm excited to be hopping along with Hero Arts and Pear Blossom Press! We teamed up to show some super fun cards featuring the EZ Lights. This is my first time making a light-up card and it was so much fun - and SO EASY! 


I used the brand new City HeroScape on my card. It's not available at Hero Arts just yet, but will be on February 17. However, many retailers already have it available - if you love the stamp set, reach out to them! It's a layering set, so I layered mine with shades of gray ink. (Note: it wasn't until long after I blogged this that I finally noticed the boo boo on my message, geesh! Oh well. I guess I can't stamp right.)

The background was ink blended with two more new Hero Arts products - brand new colors of Reactive Ink!! I used Purple Galaxy and Licorice. Watch for those coming soon, too!


And here's what it looks like all lit up! It's even more fun in person. It took me about two minutes and a roll of tape to get them done, so give them a try - they are truly "EZ"!


Now be sure to hop along - I'm sure other artists in this hop have some fantastic tutorials!! I actually forgot to take a photo of the inner workings of my card, but you'll see from these friends how easy it truly is. Your next stop from here is my sweet friend Pocono Pam! Every good hop has prizes, right? So Hero Arts and Pear Blossom Press are each giving away a $50 store credit! Comment on this post by January 29, 2021 to be entered to win. Winners will be posted on the Pear Blossom Press Blog on February 6, 2021.

Pear Blossom Press/ Amanda Stevens

Kelly Latevola Taylor

Carissa Wiley

Lynnea Hollendonner

Niccole Kulig

Daniel West

Lydia Fiedler

Ilina Crouse

Maria Willis 

Mindy Eggen

Dana Joy

Seeka 

Libby Hickson (you are here!)

Pocono Pam

Hero Arts

Thanks for stopping by today!

33 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the colors you chose and how the buildings light up. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, love the new color you used. Beautiful card with the lit up buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...that is genius! I love this lit up cityscape!!! What a fabulous card!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great city scene! Love the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so cool! I love it Libby! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set is in the mail to me! Can't wait to make it light up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous city scene..so creative.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the cityscape light creation. Cool nail polish also.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful city scape card - thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this cityscape, Libby! And of course the purple background is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought you were referencing AOC, haha! Well, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've given that city such warmth and glow! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to be in that cozy city! Great glow and sky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marisela Delgado said: Gorgeous sky! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so neat! Are the lights in between buildings and the background layer?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Fantastic layers and die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a beauty Libby - love it all lit up - I didn't notice the boo boo until you mentioned it, as my brain automatically filled in the 'n'!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fun and this card is so cool! Heroscapes are beautifully detailed and colored so pretty. Every card I try to see where the EZ lights lites are, and this is the first one I couldnt foresee. Boom, the city lit up. I love the gift if lights in each project and card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bright an brilliant skyline! Love your use of the EZ-lights

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, cute! This is the first time I'm seeing the new ink colors. I like them, so dark and moody I think I need them! Maybe if I win the giveaway I can get them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful light up sky line and fabulous scene. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome night scene with this City HeroScape design! Love the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea, gorgeous card! I love the city lights and the purple background!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great scene use for the lights. Nice use of layers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice use of the lights. I like the backlighting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic design! Love the placement of the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! What an amazing card, Libby! Love the cityscape and the lights really bring it to the next level!! Thanks so much for the great inspiration! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great designed card. Well showcased the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the background for this pretty light up city scene.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover