Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Hero Arts Holiday Release + Blog Hop!


Happy Launch Day!!! Today the incredible holiday release from Hero Arts is available, yay! The collection has clear stamps, cling backgrounds, dies, stencils, pastes, glitter, and something new and exciting coming from Hero Arts - hot foiling plates! There is so much goodness in this release, I love it all!

For my post today, I decided to give you a little behind the scenes look at some of the things that happen before we launch a catalog! I'm not sure if you all know this, but I'm an actual Hero Arts employee. One of my roles is managing our Creative Team of artists. For our catalog releases, all of the products are shipped to me, and I bundle them into boxes to send to our artists. This is what that looks like - a dining room table, covered with stacks of wonderful new products! It's pretty exciting, I'm not gonna lie!



One member of our Creative Team, Ilina, lives relatively close to me in Georgia, so she gets her products hand-delivered. Here she is, looking adorable, and me, looking tired and ROUGH. Ha!


This all happened months ago. It's a long process to get products from concept into your hands!

Some of you may know, for big catalog releases, we offer a subset of the products to our independent stores prior to launching them ourselves. Part of that process is creating a whole bunch of sample cards to send to those stores. I spend a ton of time in Mass Production Mode!


Some of the samples are made with printouts, but I like to add a little "by-hand" touch as well, to give them a little extra something-something.


It's all a huge amount of work, and sometimes I have to do it while I'm doing other work! Here I am, creating Looking Glass Holiday Kittens while on a Zoom call with my Hero Arts coworkers!


The cards eventually came together. This batch features Finch Greetings.


And after all that work, they end up in a "glamour shot" for our website! ๐Ÿ™‚ 












Another thing I do is film overview videos! Here's a look at this entire release.


And I do LIVES! I'll be on the Hero Arts Facebook & YouTube pages today, walking through the new products. Tomorrow night (Thursday 8/25) at 7pm ET, I'll be live once again on the Hero Arts Facebook page for the Creative Team Crafty Hour, creating with new products. And on Friday 8/26 at noon ET, I'll be on the Scrapbook & Cards Today Facebook page!






And one more thing I do - I organize Stamp-Alongs! And, I hope you'll join us for this next one!




So that's a little glimpse at what I do!

Now let's see what the talented artists hopping along with us today are sharing! Make sure you comment along the way as you hop - Hero Arts will give away *THREE* $50 gift cards, drawn from the comments left across the hop. Enter by Wednesday, August 31st at 11:59pm Pacific, and the winner will be announced on the Hero Arts blog the following week.

Hero Arts
Channin Pelletier
Daniel West
Emily Midgett
Ilina Crouse
Jessica Frost-Ballas
Kelly Taylor
Libby Hickson <-- you are here!
Lydia Fiedler
Michelle Short
Mindy Eggen
Pocono Pam
Seeka
Special Guests:
Alberto Gava
Laura Bassen
Nichol Spohr

Thanks for stopping by!

67 comments:

  1. Love your cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Libby - First, you do not look "rough." You always look beautiful. Second, WOW! "Mass production" is right! Third, your cards/samples turned out beautifully! Fourth, I LOVED this behind-the-scenes look at how HA works. BOWLED OVER by the fabulousness of this release!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. The video was EXCELLENT. Your reading / speaking skills are to be admired! I just made a video for something at school and it took me a few tries...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the birds. The kitty is extra cute, too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, What an amazing job you do! That kitten card is the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was really cool! Always neat to get a sneak peek of “behind the scenes”! This is a dream job for me! -Amanda Bond @thatcraftgolden

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! mass production beauty! I LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this peek "behind the scenes" - I never realized how much work goes into a release, so I appreciate your sharing a little piece of what you do. Keep up the good work and thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libby, it was so interesting to see your process of printing & such. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The process is interesting. The creations are wonderful. Coloring & more are great.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing a "behind the scenes" peek at what you've been up to! Oh my goodness, I sure hope you aren't having to mass produce intricate ink blended backgrounds or watercolor painted designs. Even so, I can only imagine the time it takes to cross all the must-do items off your to-do list.

    Still, it sounds like a super fun job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Libby this is awesome, I love reading all about your behind the scene post! My LSS shown some of the new products, and it was so much fun to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The video is wonderful and "mass" production is an understatement. Holy moly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW... you are one very busy woman... I love this release. I cannot wait to try some... thank you for all your hard work.... :) tyfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness! Seeing all of those products makes my heart go pitter patter, but thinking of sending them out and organizing everything would give me a different palpitation! Love everything the DT puts together

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you! Loved seeing the behind-the-scenes and can fully appreciate all your hard work! Thank You ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness, Libby, you certainly do have your hands full, sending out all the new releases to your artists. That's quite a job! You must be a very organized person to accomplish all this; it's very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You are incredibly productive! Your designs are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed the video you made showcasing all these new products and it was fun having a look "behind the scenes" and seeing some of these beautiful samples! What a fabulous job you have!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whew... that's a lot of production!
    Love the beautiful cards you created! The snowflake corner card and the scene with the kitten are a couple of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving this new Holiday Release and your cards. Thank you for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed the behind scenes pics and story. My favorite card is with the Looking Glass Kitten. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You’ve been busy! I had no idea what went into a big release like this! Thanks for the behind-the-scenes details! Your creativity is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It’s amazing to see all that you do, Libby. You work so hard and still manage to create beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for all your hard work—Will not publish my name—Marie Walters

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing creations! I love it all. Hero Arts has given us another release of fabulous crafty goodness! Thanks fir sharing. -Linda Gorman

    ReplyDelete
  27. I enjoyed watching your video with a quick look at the items in your new release, My wishlist continues to grow,

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was so cool to see a behind the book view! What a busy lady you are, but what a fun job! Thanks! Lisascreativeniche

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! Now that is production mode! Amazing new release, hard to choose what to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So much fun! This release is just WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous cards, Libby! And so much hard work to prepare for launch! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Marisela Delgado said: So awesome! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the “behind the scenes” commentary. Love t.

    ReplyDelete
  34. While it does liik like a ton of hard work it also looks like soooo much fun! It must be so exciting to finally see all that work come to fruition. Y'all did good! It's a really great release, I'm so excited to see all the new hot foil plates!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So much work so that I can have a lot of fun. Thank you Libby for all that you do to make it all happen for me/us! Love my Hero Arts team!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for a look into your life at Hero Arts.
    Sounds fascinating - always something different.
    And always beautiful product. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow wow wow! You are a superhero! Wonderful work. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  38. THANKS FOR SHARING THE BEHIND THE SCENES

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a job! Thank you for the behind the scenes look!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I thoroughly enjoyed this behind the scenes post! thanks for sharing the process and thanks for sharing the lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great live video on the new products! Love your gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have been very busy creating!
    Love all of your cards and look forward to seeing you live on the FB page.
    Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! That looks like a ton of work making the sample cards! But the cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, Libby - you are one busy lady! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  45. How fun to see a bit behind the scenes!! And your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That is quite some job Libby, and seems to involve a little bit (or a lot!) of everything! Well done
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  47. How lucky to have a crafty friend close by! I love that mass production technique! Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my! How FUN! Love the assembly line items for mass producing! Must be so fulfilling when completed! Love your dining room table--love to slip my address in there lol Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love this release! I am ready to get started with my CHRISTmas cards! Love your job! :) Thank you for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOW - great job on the organization!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for this behind the curtain peek. So interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow! So much work behind the scenes! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks for showing the back stage scenes! You did great on todays live with Scrapbook and Card! Love your laugh and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I loved the look behind the scenes at Hero Arts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Super duper cool Libby! I loved reading all about it. I was a product manager for a while (large telco company) and also managed catalog releases. Nothing near as fun as making card samples, but I understand the long process! Thanks for telling us about it!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love seeing the behind the scene look at preparing for the release in all aspects. Beautiful cards--I especially love the cards using Finch Greetings (one of my favorites from the release)!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Fantastic thank you

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thanks for the glimpse--love the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow, Libby! You're certianly busy at release time (and I'm sue most of the time!) It's great to see how it all works. Well done to you and all the team as well as the amazing Design Team. Love this new release. Take care. ")

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow lots on your plate. Very nice sample cards! It is nice to see the behind the scenes leading up to the release.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oh my god, you lift mass producing to another level :) cool

    ReplyDelete
  63. And I though I did well in mass producing cards! Thanks for sharing all this info! Great job everyone!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover