Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, February 20, 2023

Hero Arts Spring Catalog Blog Hop!



Hello and welcome! Today I am hopping along with the Hero Arts Creative Team and other amazing card artists as we launch both the Spring 2023 Catalog and new additions to Creative Essentials! One of my favorite new things falls into the Creative Essentials category - Neon Brights Liquid Watercolors! These paints are SO MUCH FUN!! They have my heart going pitter patter!


I had fun swatching out the Liquid Watercolors, and then I also spent some time painting the beautiful new Bee Florals Window Fancy Die. I used many of the colors, including just a touch of purple in the flowers. I also added some Black Liquid Watercolor to the bees.


I turned it into a card by mounting it onto a panel of Arctic Cardstock, then added a message strip from Everyday Sentiment Strips, creating little fishtails on the ends of the banner with my scissors.


Next, I played with the Liquid Watercolors by mixing them with Hero Paste. I used Neon Pink, Neon Orange and Neon Yellow, and spread them through the new Lacy Floral Stencil. I adore this stencil, it's so pretty, and sturdy enough to take a beating with all the fun mediums. I finished the card with more Everyday Sentiment Strips.


Here's another look at that yummy texture!


Now it's time to hop! Hero Arts will be giving away two $50 gift cards, drawn from the comments left along the hop. Comment on all the blogs for more chances to win! You have until Sunday, February 26 at 11:59pm to enter. The winners will be announced on the Hero Arts blog.


Thanks for stopping by!

46 comments:

  1. I’m super excited for the watercolors and in the bundle for the stamp along! It’s a win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful, but I absolutely love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is especially pretty. I like how you colored the die cuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! Love that you coloured your own hero paste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, Libby - love how you watercolored the bee frame with the liquid neon colors! Just ordered some & can't wait to play! Love the colored Hero Paste too - will definitely try that when the neon arrives! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of being able to mix the colors with the Hero Paste to get exactly what you want (instead of buying a bunch of different colored pastes). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy cards and colors! Love this catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Libby - I like both cards very much. Love the texture the paste creates... and that wreath with the bees is going to be added to cart right away! TFS-
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and love the color choices. I can't wait to shop some of these new products! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are so beautiful! I love how you mixed the water colors with paste on the second card to get a dimensional look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards and the paint colors are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your water colors are beautiful as are your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So bright & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow-such fun and bright cards. I especially like the background with the colored paste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I might need those watercolors in my life! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow love those bright colors! So gorgeous! What a great release๐Ÿ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards! I especially like 2nd one using the Hero Paste. Bright & cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bright color choices make me so happy! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great technique of using liquid watercolors. The texture and gradient of using them through a stencil turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning cards Libby - I love the texture on the stencilled card!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing cards, I love the use stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love the card using the Hero paste.
    I have yet to try it for stenciling but I'm convinced it's no longer a want to try but NEED to try product!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards. The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the texture you achieved with the paste, but OMG am loving the neon watercolors! I think I need them in my craft box (house). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Libby, those cards are both beautiful! I love the way you stenciled that vibrant, warm-colored gradient with the liquid watercolors and the lacy floral stencil. The bee card is fantastic, too. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. neon watercolors + Hero paste= genius
    I love your cards and can't wait to check out the spring catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute with these fun cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Marisela Delgado said: Those are fantastic! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the bright colors, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice cards Libby! I like seeing those watercolors used! That is very cool coloring the paste and using it with the floral stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those watercolors are bright & happy! I love this card!๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, those watercolors are bright! Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the idea of the liquid watercolors.
    they make a beautiful card. thanks
    for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Libby, love these beautiful and vibrant colored cards!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous cards! Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards! I love your watercolouring and the texture paste background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your talent for coloring is amazing! Lovely cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just adore your beautiful happy colourful cards. The Bee florals are so eye-catching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome designs and colors! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The paste with the watercolors is amazing and made such a beautiful card! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your cards - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover