Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just 'Cause I Like Color Challenges...

For today's SCS color challenge, Emily had us team up Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red and Apricot Appeal, with Green Galore an optional color. I *never* use Apricot Appeal, something about it makes me say YUCK every time I pull it out! But Rose Red has been my *favorite* color lately, ever since Jenn Balcer made me rediscover and fall in love with it (see her card copied below)! And Tempting Turquoise and I have had a long love affair! :-) I don't know what made me pull out this particular stamp set tonight - it's Just 'Cause I Like You from last year's Spring mini! I thought it was the cutest set last year and just *had to* have it, but I haven't played with it in ages - so this was fun! I also got to use more of my Palette O' Prints, yippee! In the end I think the colors turned out really bright, cheery and fun, but this probably isn't a color combo I'll go to again.

The May Fan Club Gallery was revealed today on SCS - once again I am completely blown away by the talent of the Dirty Dozen gals! And it was really cool to see that I'm starting to know how to pick 'em - I've had a link to Atomicbutterfly's gallery on this blog because I *love* what she does, and she's a new addition to the dirt pile this month! Too cool! (I betcha TruCarMa makes it there soon as well!) This month's theme is "A Few of My Favorite Things" - that's such a fun theme! So, in the spirit of the Dirty Dozen, I thought I'd share a few of my own favorite things with you this month! Here's the first - and it's a new find for me! I've been a little addicted to the cheap rolls of ribbon at Michael's lately (newsflash: they aren't that CHEAP if you buy nearly ALL OF THEM!) but had been trying to figure out how to store them. I found this cool box at The Container Store this weekend!! It's called the Store In Style Ribbon Spool Stacker. I love that it has a lid that closes and allows you to still access the ribbon while it's closed, but you can easily open the box and pull out an entire spool if you want to take it with you (to a workshop, a crop, etc). I store my other ribbon (SU grosgrain, etc) on some paper towel holders I found at Home Depot - they are cool too, but they are a pain if I want to remove a particular ribbon spool, I have to pull them all off the roll until I get to the one I want, which is invariably in the center!! (and unfortunately the large grosgrain rolls don't fit in these boxes!) Oh and another cool thing, these boxes stack together if you have more than one. I bought mine for $9.99, and then I saw it at JoAnn for $12.99! I was shocked that something would be more at JoAnn than The Container Store!! Anyway - it's funny how excited I can get about something as simple as a ribbon storage box! Now I just need to figure out how to store all of the wooden spool ribbons I've been collecting from Michael's, and also all of my SU punches!!!! Any ideas?? :-)
  • Stamps: Just 'Cause I Like You
  • Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Palette O'Prints
  • Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore markers
  • Accessories: ticket corner, word window & horizontal slot punches, Michael's ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I NEED these ribbon boxes! I always like to take my ribbon spool to my project and the SU! boxes are kind of a hassle for that. I'll have to see if I can find some. Thanks! Love your card, too. It's a bright and cheery color combo and a cute set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the Store in Style Ribbon Spool Stacker. My main reasons are I can see what I have plus my ribbons don't get all dusty. While looking for possible solutions, I came across this websites which list many possibilities.
    http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com/2007/08/29/sewing-room-organization-challenge-part-iv-laces-trims-and-ribbons/

    Enjoy! Happy cardmaking and scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover