Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Very Veggie color challenge!

This week's SCS color challenge was to use Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery & Ruby Red. The combination turned out to be tougher than I originally thought it would be! In the end I found this Daisy D paper which I thought complimented the colors pretty well. I used a VERY old stamp set, which I *think* is called Very Veggie, but I'm not entirely sure because I bought it a couple years back when my upline was moving to a new house and had a sale to downsize her (massive) stamp collection, and it didn't have a label! It's from SU, 1998! I wasn't sure about cutting out the veggies and putting them directly on the DP like that, usually I'd put them in a little "home" of their own, but I like how this turned out. The stitching is K&Co rub-on, I'm still not brave enough to pull out my Singer. :-) The hardware is from the Aged Copper Hodgepodge set. I made this card to send to a friend who had us over for dinner a few weeks back (and who is probably reading this blog - I need to stop posting before I actually mail things!! I can't help it, I'm an addict! It's truly a sickness.) :-) Have a great Wednesday!!

7 comments:

  1. Now this is the way to complete a challenge! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the color challenge! I love the paper and other elements of your card! I agree with your sentiment...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awsome. I actually thought at first that it was illustrated stickers, then I read and realized it was stamped and cut. That is a really cool interpretation of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love the paper you chose to go with your veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable way to do this challenge. Great job.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those vegetables are so great looking--all shiny and perfect! Love how you cut them out and put them directly on the patterned paper. What a great choice for the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh yummy! Veggies never looked so good! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover