Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Reply to Chris

(Edited to add: Here's a far better comparison by Sophia than I could ever do - check it out!)

Hi Chris - thanks for leaving a comment yesterday - I have no way to contact you other than posting a reply on here, I couldn't email you from the comment. :-)

I am looking to invest in some more coloring supplies and was wondering how you like and use your pencils. I am trying to decide between those, COPICs, and the SU markers. Any advice?

I LOVE my Prismacolor pencils! I go back and forth between loving them the best or preferring to use reinkers or ink in the lids of my stamp pads. I don't own COPICS, I am sure they are WONDERFUL based on what everyone else says about them, but they are way too pricey for my budget. And I do like the SU markers, but they aren't really my favorite way to color. I use them more often for something small & quick, but I prefer more of a watercolored look for larger images. I think this is all really a personal preference thing though.

As far as using the pencils, I started by reading the tutorial on splitcoaststampers ("gamsol magic"). I have since found that baby oil works well too if you don't want to use gamsol (aka odorless mineral spirits). But I will say I never used my pencils (had them for YEARS just sitting on my shelf) until I learned how to blend with the stumps & gamsol (or baby oil), then I fell in love with them all over again!

The Prismacolors are not cheap either, btw - but at least you can get them at Michael's with a 40% (or 50% if you get the right ad!) off coupon.

Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover