Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, June 5, 2008

From Courtney's Closet - an inspiration challenge

Here is this week's installment of From Courtney's Closet - a card inspired by one of my baby girl's outfits. Courtney turned four months yesterday - can you believe it? Seems like just yesterday I was complaining on here about still being pregnant. ;-) We had her four month well-check with her pediatrician this morning - she's a healthy girl weighing in at 15lbs 3oz, which puts her in the 85th percentile. She had to have four shots, which was certainly not her idea of a good time - but she's forgotten all about it now and is back to her happy, cheerful self! This photo of her doesn't show off her outfit very well, but it was such a cute photo I decided to use it anyway. The only thing you can't really see is a pink bow on the front of her dress, which was the inspiration for the pink bow I added to the card. I liked this combination of pink and blue on her outfit. I tend to be drawn to blue clothes for her - I don't know if it's because I'm so used to her brother wearing blue, or I want to have her in blue to help highlight her pretty blue eyes, or maybe a little of both! Who says a baby girl can't wear blue anyway?? For the cherries on the outfit, I started out thinking I'd use the SU Tart & Tangy stamp set, but it wasn't doing much for me. Then I noticed my huge stack of chipboard staring at me from the shelf - am I the only one who feels compelled to buy copious amounts of chipboard, and then proceed to do absolutely nothing with it? So I busted it out to make my cherries - the cherries themselves are round flower centers, and the leaves were meant to be flower petals - it's from an SU flower chipboard set, I think it was in a mini catalog? I covered them in cardstock and drew the white highlights on with a white paint pen, and added a little Cool Gray Copic shadow as well. The blue DP is from the SU Summer Picnic pack. I added the Verve Visual "you brighten my day" sentiment, because Courtney certainly does brighten my day! Does this photo of her brighten your day a little? If you feel compelled to find some inspiration in this outfit, from the color combo, or the cherries, or whatever else may inspire you, do let me know! And if you upload to SCS, we're now on keyword FCCC03 (for From Courtney's Closet Challenge #3). Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Thoughtful Phrases from Verve Visual
  • Paper: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Summer Picnic DP
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
  • Accessories: SU chipboard, 1" round punch, corner rounder punch, Marvy scallop & round punches, white paint pen, Copic marker, Prima flower, SU blue brad, grosgrain ribbon, Janome Sew Mini and pink thread

16 comments:

  1. Libby - Courtney is adorable! What a great picture. I can't believe she's already so big.

    The cherries on your card are brilliant! How creative to make them out of chipboard! Thanks for the great inspiration.

    (Oh, and WOOHOO WINGS!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my first FCCC and really my first blog challenge ever. I think your idea is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, look at that precious angel! Four months already? Wow! I love the card. The cherries are so cute. I love to buy chipboard too and just look at it from time to time. Hmmm. LOL XO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know what's cuter, your card or Courtney. Oh okay, Courtney wins but I also love your inspiration card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is so cute! I have several chipboard cherries and I have no idea what to do with them, I might cover them in paper!
    Courtney is adorable! Yes, I can't believe that Alex will be 5 months next week. He weighed exactly the same at his 4 month checkup, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Libby, this is such a neat idea to draw inspiration from Courtney's closet! Baby girl clothes are THE BEST! LOVE what you've done with this card ... it's AWESOME! I'm guilty of having a ton of chipboard and not using it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that sweet picture of Courtney!!! Oh my goodness....the sweetness!!

    Your card is sooo awesome and perfect, Libby!! I love your chipboard cherries!! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!!! I love the texture, colors, design..everything!!! Courtney is soooo cute!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is just so cute...and so is your card! I can't believe how big she's gotten :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Libby, I absolutely love this card, as well as that beautiful picture of Courtney! I'll try to play along this week...but I can't make any promises.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable picture ... and fabulous inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh what a darling card and outfit! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Libby, I love your blog! you are such a great writer I am always intrigued to see what you have written nexT1 and Courtney is super cute! Its a great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card you made (and kid too, heehee!) Love that you used the flower petals as leaves! Gorgeous colours and layout. Totally scrumptious all around! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodenss is this card(and baby!) cute!! what a brilliant idea/inspiration to use little girl clothes for inspirations, what could be sweeter?

    I'd hate to do "From Jonathan or William's Closet", it's soooo different with boys, I could really care less what they wear LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Courtney's photo is absolutely adorable! I can't believe how she's growing and changing. My goodness, it happens fast, doesn't it? Now, let me see, is Thursday Courtney's Closet day every week? I think it's amazing how close you come to duplicating the design on her outfits every week. Your card is so darling. Love the pink cherries and, yes, I love my chipboard--it looks great in my imagination, which is pretty much where it stays. I should work on that...

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover