Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Sunday, June 22, 2008

i love the ocean?

My mom made me do it!!! If you've been following along, you know my mom is staying with us this month, and last weekend she went on a weekend trip to the Gulf with my sister. Well she came home all excited to make a little scrapbook of her trip!! See what living in my craft room does to a person?? First she started making cards, and now she wants to scrapbook!! So what did she make *me* do, you ask? She DRAGGED me, absolutely kicking and screaming, up to Archivers to check out the options for creating her mini scrapbook. And of course I can't go into Archivers without bringing home SOMETHING! This time I fell in love with this "Beyond the Sea" stamp set from heidi grace designs. The ocean images are soooooo pretty, and we were focused on ocean things for her scrapbook, so this set just called my name! Plus, our vacation plans this summer include a trip to Cape Cod at the end of August. I feel so posh and uppity when I say that... I've been telling people "we'll be summering on the Cape" just for fun. I've never been to Cape Cod - and don't ask me which town we're going to because I can't remember - my friend who lives up near Boston planned the trip and invited us along (hi Brenda!). I really need to figure out where we're going because people keep asking and I feel so silly when I don't know. I thought "summering on the Cape" was all I needed to know???? LOL. Anyway so I got home with this set - I guess it must have been last Tuesday - and checked the SCS color challenge only to find it was Soft Sky, Basic Black and Kraft. PERFECT for this set!! When I sat down to stamp, Beate's sketch from the previous week called to me (WSC52). I tried to add a lot of texture and dimension to this card with Cuttlebug embossing and stamped backgrounds and cutting out the cute little seahorse and popping him up on dimensionals. I even busted out the old edge distresser that hasn't gotten much love in recent months. The seahorse, of course, also has some glitter added (i *heart* glitter!). I used the sentiment "i love the ocean." to help remind myself that I really *should* love the ocean. I don't. It's filled with scary sharks - I don't like to swim in the ocean because I do not like getting eaten alive. Yes, I watched Jaws when I was too young for such things! It completely scarred me for life. But I do love LOOKING at the ocean, so hopefully the vacation will be enjoyable. Just kidding, I KNOW it will be. How could summering on the Cape not be enjoyable?? C'mon! ;-) Thanks for stopping by today - hope you've had a fabulous weekend!
  • Stamps: Beyond the Sea from heidi grace designs
  • Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Whisper White
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
  • Accessories: Copic markers, Cuttlebug & embossing folders (Tiny Bubbles, Distressed Stripes), Diamond Stickles, black brad, Michael's ribbon, edge distresser

5 comments:

  1. Great card...the colors are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the colour combo and that stamp is SO sweet. I'm glad your mom made you get it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable seahorse...and I love all of your texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ocean but I don't like swimming in it because it's just too darn COLD here. I'll bet it's heavenly where it's like bath water, though. I've never experienced that. However, I'm also afraid of sharks... I can imagine your mom must have dragged you by the ear up to Archivers with you protesting all the way. How fun that you came home with some cute new stamps and made this great card right off the bat. The colors are perfect and I love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totally love that seahorse! it's way too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover