Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, January 29, 2009

There's No Place Like Gnome...

I missed last week's Cinema Saturday Challenge, so this week I was determined to play along! This week's challenge was one of my all-time favorite classic movies, The Wizard of Oz. Right away I thought of this blue gingham paper I've had forever, and how it resembles Dorothy's dress. And then I found these red glittery dots in my stash - very ruby slipper-like, I must say! But what to do about the main image?? I thought about doing a dog, but I don't really have a Toto/terrier stamp. Then I remembered this cute little Stampendous gnome. Gnomes are kinda sorta munchkin-like? Yes? Maybe? Then it hit me - THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE GNOME!!! hee hee!! Ok I know it makes no sense. I was going to try and tell you (ie LIE) that I'm sending it to a friend who just moved to Gnome, Alaska - but unfortunately the town is actually Nome, Alaska! LOL (and btw - yes - I had to research that bc I wasn't sure how they spell it - and it turns out on the Nome, Alaska website it in fact says "There's no place like Nome!"). :-) So anyway, I've decided my own personal theme for the Cinema Saturday Challenges is to make silly cards! Or at least that's what it seems to be, remember my Lord of the Rings card?? Although I've also decided my new goal in life is to earn an Audrey, so one of these weeks I better come up with something good! LOL! This card is fairly straight forward - I stamped the gnome three times just for fun. I paper pieced their hats with that red polka dot paper. The sentiment was printed from the computer. And I added the silver cord because part of the challenge this week was to use metal on the card. Hmm. Not sure that's what they had in mind, but it's what I did. :-) I had a lot of fun again with this card - I can't wait to see which movie they pick next!! Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Stampendous
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Making Memories & Doodlebug Designs DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers for coloring
  • Accessories: Slit punch, red glitter dots (ordered from GinaK), silver cord, sentiment printed from Word
PS... I'll be back later tonight with From Courtney's Closet!

11 comments:

  1. what a great idea and way to think outside the box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe--I love it! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Card! What a great way to show the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are sooo right about the gingham! Looks just like Dorothy's dress.
    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, and it gave me such a giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby!
    I love it... All the humor is so perfect. And you little diddy about Alaska was great as well. The paper is perfect the knomes so funny and I love the brads.. So cute. Your coloring is beautiful and the detail shadowing..sweet! So glad you got to play.. We love having ya!

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big Wizard of Oz fan, and I think your card is perfect and so creative!! Great job, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your card and am so sad I never got to play along this week since I've been waiting for it to be this movie! I'll have to make one anyway! I must have some reason to send a Wizard of Oz card during the 70th anniversary year of the best movie ever....right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, Libby! It's funny and I love it! You could send it to anybody and they'd get a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover