Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

i love mew

So yesterday I was doing my usual scan of status updates on Facebook (have I mentioned, among many other addictions, I'm also hopelessly addicted to Facebook!?) when I saw Kim say "I need a major color challenge, I'm in a stamping color rut!". Being the smart aleck that I am, I jumped in and said "Elegant Eggplant, Real Red, Chocolate Chip - go stamp!". I completely pulled these colors out of thin air, not even considering how easy or difficult they would be to use together. I was sort of joking, but Kim took me up on the challenge and set off to work! Check out her blog to see what she came up with!! So then I thought, well, to be fair, I should attempt this crazy color combo myself! I thought about the Chocolate Chip, and decided a brown animal might work. So naturally I thought of my sweet Kiki Kitties from Pink Cat Studio!! Although I have to say, coloring him brown like this, I think he sorta looks like chocolate!! But maybe I just have chocolate bunnies on the brain this time of year. :-) For a layout I decided to scan my favorite blog Pickled Paper Designs, because it's always soooooo inspiring - I thought this card had a general layout that could work with this image, and changed it up just a little. Amy also gave me the inspiration to pull out that lacy ribbon - I thought the hearts went well with the balloon hearts. Oh, and the little heart in "i *heart* mew". Isn't that the cutest little sentiment??? I just realized, I have hearts in three places. Yay! I think that's supposed to be a good design rule or something, to do things in threes. LOL. I also decided to throw in Sharon's latest Stamp Simply challenge while I was at it - to use ribbon tabs. So double yay! I successfully completed my own crazy color challenge, and another one to boot! If you're looking for a challenge yourself, feel free to try these colors as well, and let me and Kim know that you did so we can check it out! Thanks for stopping by today!!
  • Stamps: Kiki Kitty from Pink Cat Studio
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Neenah Solar White, SU DP, PTI DP, PTI white card base
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers for coloring
  • Accessories: lace ribbon from Hancock Fabrics, black Glaze pen, diamond glaze (on balloons), red grosgrain ribbon, brown Bazzill mini brads

18 comments:

  1. What a doozie of a color challenge, I'll say! I tip my hat, girl, because you ROCKED it! That image is adorable, and I just love the polka dots with that lace trim! (Thanks for the link, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chocolate kitty, makes me hungry!!! You did a great job with these colors and the lace is perfect addition to the card. Thanks for the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwe, this is such a sweet card! Lovely work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE your card and it's color combination - that lace however, has stolen my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE your card and it's color combination - that lace however, has stolen my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty---love your impromtu color combo...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card! I totally love the sentiment and the lace with the hearts is perfect! Your cards are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so darling, love your layers and lace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on your facebook page, it scared me :) I have to say you totally rocked it though. very striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love the colors and the bit of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetness! Love the color design and the lacy hearts are perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute Libby! I really love it! I can't believe how good these colors look together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card Libby, I like those colors together.
    A word of Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on Droopy's passing. It was very sweet of you and much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this sentiment too! Kitty is so cute! Love the lace you used! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable, Libby!! Great job with those colors, and your coloring!! Love the lace ribbon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute Libby!! I love that lacing!! OOH LA LA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! Of course your kitty is chocolate, and totally yummy. Interesting color combo, rather red hat. You made it so cute with the lace and polka dots!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover