Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, January 10, 2011

Go Green!

I couldn't resist that blog title. I'm a proud Michigan State Spartan, and we like to say GO GREEN whenever we get the chance. And no, I do not wish to talk about this year's bowl game performance, thankyouverymuch. :-) But the reason I said go green in the first place... I played along with this week's very green Play Date Cafe challenge!


The colors for the challenge were "grass green, gold & silver". Yowza! Gold and silver on the same card?? Is that even legal? :-) Well lucky for me, I remembered a fun technique I saw a while back. I stamped the Hero Arts Antique Flower Background in Versamark on green cardstock, and then sprinkled a little gold embossing powder, then a little silver, then heated! I love this look!


Want to try this fun color combo yourself? There's still a few days left to play along with this week's challenge. The colors really are gorgeous together!


And make sure you also tune into The Play Date Cafe this Thursday - it will be my official DEBUT with the team!! I'm so excited!! And I have major stage fright, eeep!

I also wanted to mention - I meant to play along with my sweet friend Jenny's Wee Memories challenge this week...


I had big twine plans for this card, but somehow in the end I only used a tiny bit to tie on that tag and key. I don't think that's enough to actually enter it in her challenge, but I wanted to give her a shout-out anyway, and a promise that I'll make a valid card for her challenge one day very soon!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with some fun news!


  • Stamps: S5264 Antique Flower Background, CL272 All Occasion Messages (heart), CL402 ("love")
  • Paper: Hero Arts green notecard, SU gold cardstock
  • Ink: Versamark, Palette Noir, Encore Gold
  • Accessories: Gold & silver EP, machine stitching, satin ribbon, American Crafts caramel twine, 7 Gypsies mini key

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Libby! So elegant and classy, the gold and silver really works so well here! Fab job! Looking forward to you joining us officially next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWLibby! This is so beautiful!!! I ♥ it!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL sample you made for the Play Date Cafe! So right on with the colors! Looking forward to seeing your fab work at Play Date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing on the green looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the official team spot, Libby. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Libby :) The background is gorgeous and that ribbon is scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Libby, I just love the elegance of this card and the colors too. Happy New YEar to you,Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Libby! What a great way to use both the gold and silver! Looks so great! And way to master the challenge! The beautiful ribbon ties it all up perfectly! LOL! :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME way to mix silver and gold!!! Thanks for the idea Libby!! GORGEOUS card with one of my favorite background stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Verycool Libby! I just started embossing, will have to try! Miss ya tweets updates!! From Ladylush118

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that embossing is awesome! And that gorgeous ribbon is so eye catching! A wonderfully elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo pretty! I love how you embossed with both colors and that ribbon is just delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely terrific job on this challenge, LIbby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great look with the gold and silver-and the green! My daughter has been admitted to Michigan State- she has not decided on a school yet- she also got into Notre Dame......

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful, elegant, classy, stunning, and perfect, Libby! Lovin' every ounce of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Just love the beautiful blend of gold and silver with the embossing! The ribbon is so lovely too...great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Durn you! Now I NEED this background stamp. NEEEEED, I tell you! Grrrrrr.

    Oh, GOR-JUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, elegant card, Libby! I love the fab bg with the gold and silver embossing! The key charm is so cute and your bow is perfect! Looking forward to seeing your creations for the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a stunning card - I love the embossed background and that fab bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This card is stunning! The gold and silver embossing is so effective!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the idea of sprinkling 2 different embossing powders on the card......hmm.....where is my heat gun?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS! LOVE this Libby! So beautiful and elegant! You ROCK! Cant' wait for tonight!! The BIG Day!! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGosh! My husband is a Spartan and I actually sat next to Magic Johnson on an airplane some years ago! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover