Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #66

It's my favorite day of the week once again - the day I get to play along with The Play Date Cafe challenge! This week we have a color splash to inspire you. Here's how it inspired me:


Yes that's right, the color is a gorgeous light purple! Swoon! In case you haven't figured it out by now... I love purple!


I kept my card pretty simple. I embossed one of my favorite new Hero Arts stamps, Classic Fabric Design, in black. I found some satin ribbon in my (embarrassingly massive) ribbon stash that matched the color splash really well. And voila, a card is born!

Now you need to go check out what my PDCC sisters were up to this week!

Julie Ranae * Sarah Anderson * Savannah O'Gwynn * Ruby 2 Shoes * Andrew Ewen * Fiona Shultz * Jaclyn Miller * Jinny Newlin * Michele Gross * Tracey Kuzniak * Colleen Dietrich

I hope to see your card posted in The Cafe! Thanks for stopping by today!


  • Stamps: CG245 Classic Fabric Design (background), CL325 Paris (message) from Hero Arts
  • Paper: GP white, Bazzill purple
  • Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories: Black embossing powder, purple satin ribbon, SU scallop edge punch, key charm

19 comments:

  1. Love your colour splash Libby - and I think I spy a little key charm in there as well..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrrrttty Purple...and lovely rich ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, I too love your large damask stamp! I'm a huge fan of damask stuff. And that (embarassingly large) satin ribbon only gives more sumptuousness to your already elegant card! Love what you did with all our names / links, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can share some of your overly large ribbon stash with me, I wouldn't complain. :) I love that purple ribbon and you've splashed it in there so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Libby! I LOVE the color splash challenges! Can't wait to play, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embossing is scrumptious, and that big, gorgeous ribbon is the perfect, finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple and black, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Libby, this is gorgeous!! I love that background stamp and it's still on my wish list. Thanks also for your sweet email! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So LOVELY Libby! I'm a purple fan as well and I love your coordinating back drop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your embossed card is stunning!!! And love the purple ribbon...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! I love that gorgeous damask and the embossing is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so elegant, Libby! I truly love damask, it is so classy. With the addition of that shiny, satiny bow at the bottom...the whole card is just striking! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Libby! Can you ever have enough ribbon?!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so gorgeous and elegant, Libby! Love the embossed fabric bg and pretty scallops. Beautiful ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY--this card is super beautiful! LOVE that little key charm--and that ribbon is so lush! LOVE!!! LOVE!!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just LoVe this card, I really, really do :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover