Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Get Cracking with Colorado Craft Company!


Hi! Today I'm joining Jenn Shurkus for her Get Cracking On Christmas series - where she encourages everyone to get going on the holiday cards throughout the year, so there's less to do during the mad rush during the holidays! Today is super exciting because we've teamed up with Colorado Craft Company!! I was so excited to get to play with some of their gorgeous stamps.


I was immediately drawn to this Big & Bold ~ Nutcracker set. My daughter and I have a tradition of going to see The Nutcracker during the holidays, we've been going since she was tiny. She also has quite a large collection of nutcrackers we display every Christmas. So, I pretty much love all things Nutcracker! 

For my card today, I just did a bunch of Copic coloring! It was fun to just sit and color, everything has been so stressful lately with school starting virtually and other various work stresses, so taking the time to color was completely therapeutic. Coloring the background panel was time-consuming in a good way - like an escape! And I love that the background is part of the stamp set, so fun! Here are the Copic colors I used on my card:


To finish the card, I fussy-cut out my Nutcracker, edging around him with black marker. Then I popped him up on a vellum oval, added a greeting from the set and matted with a bit of red glitter paper.


Be sure to head on over to Jenn's blog to see who else is joining in the fun this month! And a huge thank you to the kind people at Colorado Craft Company!

Happy stamping,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Libby. This stamp company is actually new to me and I am so happy to see all of the cards you and your friends are making displaying them and their versatility. So pretty for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous nutcracker image and I love how you colored him, Libby!! Fabulous background and coloring too!! I'll have to check them out. Also sending birthday wishes to you after spotting Sally's post on the Hero Arts blog - hope you have/had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover