Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Inspired by Michelle Lupton

Today I'm honored to be sharing a pair of cards inspired by my extremely talented friend, Michelle Lupton!


Michelle does this fun card series every fall, where she invites friends to "case" one of her cards - be inspired to create a card based on one of her designs - and she in turn does the same. I'm honored that she invited me! I don't create many cards, so it's much more difficult for her to find something of mine to be inspired by. Michelle, on the other hand, is a huge resource of constant inspiration!! I chose THIS CARD to inspire my cards today.


Michelle had a die cut element as the main focal point on her card - I used the Hero Arts Floral Holiday Tree Fancy Die as mine. I also was inspired by how Michelle inked up the bottom half of the card, and added a script background stamp. I did similar for my first card.


My tree die cut is painted with Gold Glimmer Metallic Ink, which is so bright and gorgeous! I ink blended Pool Party Reactive Ink on the masked-off bottom portion of my card, then stamped Script Bold Prints in the same ink for a tone on tone look. I splattered more of the gold ink, and created a little message banner with a simple "Merry Christmas" from Floral Nativity.


My second card is similar but different, but still inspired by Michelle's card.


This time when I die cut, I was careful to leave all of the pieces intact in the die cut. I ink blended the tree with Green Apple Reactive Ink, and added more of the Pool Party at the bottom. This time I splattered the Pewter Glimmer Metallic Ink (which comes in a 2-pack with the Gold), and also added Sparkle Clear Lacquer Pen on all of the tree pieces. The message is a woodblock this time - Handwritten Merry Christmas. I matted my inked panel on white glitter paper, and added a little silver cording bow to finish the card.


Now be sure to head to Michelle's blog to see what she created, inspired by one of my cards! And huge thanks again to Michelle for inviting me!

Happy Stamping,

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Libby! I love the gold tree, but the little bow at the top of the green tree is just darling! Thanks so much for being my guest ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CASE of Michelle's card. Love the gold tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing CASE's of Michelle's card, Libby - love them both!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover