Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I can't decide...

...whether I like this card or not? I started out last night trying to do Amy's sketch challenge. The sketch is great, but for whatever reason I just couldn't make anything work. I made the main image block for that card - I used the super cool wet watercolor technique again - I really love it! The quote ("Art washes away from the soul the dust of every day life." if you can't make it out) from Picasso was initially stamped in gold Encore ink, but it was too difficult to read over the flowers, so I embossed it. My plan was to use this on Amy's sketch, and then for the circle sentiment below it put "Create Art" but I couldn't get it to look right with any of my alphabets, to go with the quote. *sigh* And I may have gone down to Michael's last night specifically to find a large sentiment stamp to use on Amy's sketch. I'm not saying I did, but I may have... :-) And when I was there I may have also decided I just could not live without this gorgeous patterned paper! It's from the DCWV "Once Upon a Time" series - I just *love* these paper! So I didn't want to cover up too much of it. But, I think the card does need something else. It's all on a Sahara Sand long note, so there's an even larger amount of space to fill. So what do you think? I love the main image block, so I'm tempted to pull it off & try something else with it!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is BEAUTIFUL! I love that Once Upon a Time paper. I really wish I could think of something to use it for in a scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!! That technique is really cool-I'll have to try it. Perhaps you could have a another mat off-centered to the upper-left and behind the main image.. to break up the length of the card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's beautiful the way it is. You've done so well with this technique, and the paper is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about not wanting to cover up the paper--it's so gorgeous! I love the colors together and the long layout with the single image panel is kind of elegant. I think it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover