Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

An Oldie but Goodie...

Have you wondered what happened to me?? I haven't actually had any time to stamp since VSN Saturday night, boo hoo! We're having a bit of a rough time in my house these days - my son has a diaper rash that is way beyond horrible (we're talking open, bleeding sores, poor baby!!) that has OF COURSE made him miserable, and to make matters worse he's now come down with a bit of a cold - runny nose, cough - and now I'm guessing he has had a sore throat as well, because my husband and I both woke up with sore throats today! Ugh - I thought cold & flu season was finished back in February!?!? Wishful thinking I guess. So we went to the pediatrician yesterday and got a twice-a-day antibiotic cream for his bottom, but he seems to have a way of messing his diaper right after I change him & apply it, so who knows if it's doing any good! And as you might imagine, diaper changes are just awful right now - he just sobs when I go to change him, because he knows it will hurt, but I have to do it because leaving him dirty will just make it worse... *sigh* No fun!

So anyway - I wanted to post something, so I went into my card stash and pulled this one out. Some of you will recognize this from my Technique Tuesdays classes a while back - this was from "Faux Finishes", and used the faux leather technique. We'll be doing this, by special request, at June's hostess club meeting, so this is a little sneak peek for you hostess clubbers! (although I will design a new card, of course!) The faux leather technique uses masking tape - you tear off small pieces and randomly place them on your cardstock, then ink it up (in this case with shades of brown), and emboss with clear powder. It's a pretty cool look! And one that I think would make some nice Father's Day cards - another reason for pulling this out today! And on the tag, we did the faux paper-aging technique. Lemon juice was spritzed on the paper and then dried/burned with a heat tool. I'm not endorsing either of these as good ideas for scrapbooks - but they make fun cards! :-) And finally, this card also uses the In the Wild set - one of my favorites that I'm sad to see retire. Farewell my wild friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you all feel better soon! Let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this technique and I've never seen it in person, but it looks interesting. You sure picked the perfect set for it! I'm so sorry about your little boy's diaper rash. Can you imagine how miserable that would be? Poor thing! I hope all is better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover