Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Pretty frogettable card!

Last Friday I went on a little shopping spree at my LSS with a gift certificate - fun! I saw this paper from Heidi Grace and just knew I had to combine it with this little froggie! But unfortunately I am just not skilled at using patterned papers on cards (beyond basic patterns such as polka dots on the last card...)!!! I really don't like how this card turned out. Patterned papers just seem to be too busy to work well on cards. I mean, when *I* do them!! My favorite stampers to the left use them skillfully all the time!! And even though I study & admire their cards, it's just not sinkin' in how to do it myself! So if anyone has any pointers on this, please let me know! :-) So anyway... the stamp set is Unfrogettable, which I also had to use today because my silly little sister didn't remember that this set was in the catalog - she thought SU was retiring the only froggie set (Frolicking Frogs)! Remember him now, Laura? :-) I used my Prismacolors, gamsol & a stump to color him. The cardstock colors are cameo coral, creamy caramel & ruby red, in an attempt to compliment the Heidi Grace paper - and I inked all edges with close to cocoa using a dauber (I *really* didn't like this card before the cocoa inking, which made it a little more tolerable!). I used a cute ribbon from Michael's, which I thought complimented the little froggie, but I don't think overall it works on this card. So anyway... there ya go, I'm postin' crap but at least I'm postin'! :-)

ETA: Yes, I was in a crabby mood when I made & posted this!! (guess I should have played with Crab & Co instead, hee hee!) Feeling a little better about this card after some nice comments on SCS, but still not my fave. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! But of course, I am a bit of a frog nut. I do remember this set, I just thought it was only a mini catalog set! I am VERY happy to see it is still available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny--but I know it doesn't seem funny to you when something doesn't feel right. I've been there before, too. I think this card is really cute and the paper looks great! Your coloring is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it very much. Don't put yourself down.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover