Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, May 28, 2007

Vintage Violet - redeemed!

So yesterday I wasn't very kind to poor old Vintage Violet - I accused it of being too blah. Today it showed me that it can be anything but blah, if used correctly. So I apologize to you, dear Vintage Violet, you have proven me wrong! :-) I don't know what I was thinking, as if I could help but love a shade of PURPLE!!! So anyway... for today's card I played along with the technique challenge on SCS - wet watercolors. I made the Shimmery White cardstock REALLY wet, then stamped the vine & grapes. Next I allowed it to dry (I am impatient and used my heat tool!) and then stamped the images again. At first I was not liking where this was going AT ALL - it was sooo wet & smeary. But this is a classic example of having to just see the card through to the end - sometimes nice things happen if you just give them time. :-) I am pretty happy with how this card turned out! I added a little Star Dust Stickles to the grapes - I've been on a total Stickles kick lately after I told you all how much I love them - have used them on every card since! The grosgrain is something I've had in my stash for a while, and it just happens to match Vintage Violet perfectly! Thanks for looking!
  • Stamps: Grapes, French Script, Fancy Flexible Phrases
  • Paper: Shimmery White, Vintage Violet, Old Olive, Basic Black
  • Ink: Vintage Violet, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Antique Brass hodgepodge HW, non-SU grosgrain, Star Dust Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is totally gorgeous! I LOVE this wet watercolor look! LOVE it! This is one technique I've gotten great results with and I'm really pretty technique challenged. You did make the Vintage Violet look fabulous. Truthfully, I think the paper is kind of blah, too, but it looks better with ink on it. Wonderful card, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! Great job with the technique, and I love your ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out fantastic! I've always loved the 3D effect achieved by this technique, and this is a gorgeous example of that. TFS. Linda

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover