Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, June 8, 2007

Flower Friday!

Oh how I love orchids!! I've tried to grow them in pots, but I always end up killing them. I have two gorgeous orchid pots in my livingroom right now, but they are both FAKE! That's the only way I can have an orchid! But back in the summer of 2002, I spent 10 weeks over in Malaysia for work. From the orchid perspective, it was pure HEAVEN! Orchids LOVE the high humidity climate of Malaysia. These photos were taken at the Orchid Gardens in Kuala Lumpur. Yes, orchid GARDENS!! So many different colorful orchids to look at. I LOVED it! They had a little market there where you could buy orchids for next to nothing (in US dollars!) so since I was stuck there for so long, I bought a few to brighten up my hotel room! I gave them to one of my friends at the factory when my assignment was over and it was time to come home. I sure wish I knew how to grow an orchid here! And by the way, has anyone ever seen an orchid stamp? I would love to have one - if you know of one, let me know what company makes it so maybe I can track one down for myself! :-)

And if you're thinking "wow she has been to a lot of places" - it's very true, I have. I feel very fortunate to have done all the traveling I've done, both for work & pleasure - all before having my son. I think our world traveling days are over for a while! But now I want to spend family vacation time seeing more of the US and Canada, there are MANY wonderful places we've never been on this continent! Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers. You are so lucky to be able to travel all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for your orchid plight. I have always loved them but have never been able to get one to bloom after its initial flowering. I have remarkable killed an Aloe Vera though. I forgot I had it in a corner for over 2 years and when my DH reminded me, it was too late! My efforts to make up for two long years of neglect actually killed it. Oh well, I'me a lot more promising as an outdoor gardener, and have at least had success on that field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some gorgeous pictures, Libby! That is awesome that you were able to do all that traveling (I've never been out of the US).

    I wish I could help you with the Orchids, but I have a black thumb.

    If I find a stamp that I can point to you...I will let you know.

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got married in Lake Tahoe and I carried orchids for my bouquet. They were flew in from Hawaii. I will let you know if I ever spy an orchid stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Libby--Check out ebay for orchid stamps! I checked very quickly yesterday and I found several up for sale!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover