Barack Obama's Top Ten Campaign Promises
By Mike Dorning
BEAUFORT, S.C.--Three words: Vice President Oprah.
That was No. 1 on the Top Ten Campaign Promises list that Barack Obama taped today for the Late Show with David Letterman. Obama taped the segment, to air tonight at 10:35 pm Central/11:35 pm Eastern on most CBS stations, just before speaking at a rally here this evening.
The complete Top Ten List, as read by Obama:
10. To keep the budget balanced, I’ll rent the situation room for sweet sixteens.
9. I will double your tax money at the craps table.
8. Appoint Mitt Romney secretary of lookin’ good.
7. If you bring a gator to the White House, I’ll wrassle it.
6. I’ll put Regis on the nickel.
5. I’ll rename the tenth month of the year “Barack-tober.”
4. I won’t let Apple release the new and improved Ipod the day after you bought the previous model.
3. I’ll find money in the budget to buy Letterman a decent hairpiece.
2. Pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear.
1. Three words: Vice President Oprah.